part 2 of above post

Date: 8/30/99
From: HunterD_Raven

About half an hour later…some house. Maggie is obviously upset. "Run, hitchhike, run. Why didn’t we go into some gun shop and shoot the guy?" Remmy, still out of breath says "Did (huff) you see any (pant) gun shops?" Maggie looks confused "No I didn’t maybe guns are illegal on this world" We hear Peters voice "Yes, only law officials have guns here, most don’t even need them." Diana curses "Shit!" Peter smiles "Look your bodies have remnants of the Vortex in it. You can run for ages, but we can trace your energy signature." Quinn looks up "We?" From behind we hear another voice and see a slightly shorter blond man, with a bow & Arrow drawn, aimed at the sliders "Yeah, We I’m officer Clint Barton, you already met chief Rasputin. Now come peacefully so we don’t have to hurt you."
Quinn looks at the other sliders sadly and says, "I don’t think we have a choice here guys." Clint sighs and says, "Man, you got a mind like a steel trap."

Peter looks at his watch and smiles flipping up the lid we see a good-looking woman. Peter says "Hey Spiral, teleport for 6, to Washington." She smiles back on the tiny view-screen and says "Be there in a…" in a millisecond of flash the woman disappears from the screen and reappears in front of him "millisecond." She says finishing her sentence. Clint looks at her with an odd look and says "Showoff freak." Spiral laughs, "One of these days Barton we will have to settle this, until then we go to Dooms" She spins doing some odd dance as a bubble embraces her body and then all 7 of their bodies. They reappear in some sort of castle, but a castle with very high-tech equipment. A young 20s’ blond woman sits behind a desk she smiles and walks up and hugs Peter. Peter blushes hugs her back, and puts her down. "Good to see you too sister." Peter says smiling at her. Clint winks at her and says, "Free this week Illyana?" She smiles back at him and says, "Are you ready for my big brother to break your bones?" Clint looks at Peter and looks like he’s thinking, and then he turns back to Illyana and says, "Maybe next week" the 3 laugh. Spiral turns to the sliders and says, "They do that every time they come here." Illyana presses a button and says; "Lord Doom, Peter & Clint have returned, with the "Captives." She adds a note of sarcasm on the word "captives." We hear Dooms (the armored man) voice as he says, "Let them enter." The door opens and the group (Peter, Clint & the Sliders) enter.

Peter & Clint bow. The sliders don’t. Doom becomes outraged immediately yelling "You dare to stand before Doom and not kneel or bow!!!" Quinn quickly uses the usual excuse "We’re from Canada." Peter stands and says, "Doom rules Canada, and we know you aren’t from this dimension remember?" Quinn realizes it and bows before doom. Remmy & Diana do the same, regretfully. Maggie doesn’t. Doom yells "BOW!" Maggie returns the yell sharply "I don’t bow to anyone." Peter puts one hand on her shoulder and forces her down. He then lets her back up and says, "I did that for your own good. Doom is very benevolent when he wishes to be, but making him mad is like signing your death warrant." Maggie looks at him " So he’s nuts." Doom raises one of his armored hands and a blast of energy surges forward pinning Maggie to the wall. Peter sighs, "Sir, if you hurt her the others may not actually want to help us" Doom stops the energy flow and Maggie falls to the ground. Doom speaks "It was not my intent to hurt the girl Peter, merely to remind her who is in charge of this world. And I am sure of many others" Quinn speaks up "uh, we have never met a Doom before." Doom looks at him, his eyes narrowing "Think of it lad, there are infinite worlds, no matter how long you have been sliding you have yet to see even a percentage of a percent. You may have seen hundreds of worlds. But there are googols of googols of worlds .I and my doubles could be ruling trillions of them." Quinn thinks and says, "Theoretically true." Remmy looks at Diana "Googols?" "1 million, billion, trillion." She answers. "Oh" Doom motions for them to finally get up. He looks at Quinn "I trust you are the Quinn Mallory from the earth run over by the Kromaggs correct?" Quinn looks shocked. "Uh Yeah, how did…" Clint speaks up "How did you know. Boy you are new. Quick history lesson here. Doom is from the royal family of Latveria. On your world it’s probably one of those countries no one knows where it is, cause it was on our world. Anyhow, Doom came to collage in America, he was trying to contact his dead mother, and it backfired the thing exploded and he built the armor to cover his face. Well he went back to Latveria planned and took over the world, democratically to boot. He was voted into office after establishing world peace. He’s kinda like Ghandi, If Ghandi had a bad temper and super armor." Doom turns to Clint "Barton. I should demote you for that last comment" Clint smiles and says, "Sorry boss" Doom turns back to the sliders. "You have met the Kromaggs correct?" "Yes" Quinn, says. Doom waits "Then we have a common enemy"

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/11388
Nominated by HunterD_Raven

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext