part 3

Date: 8/30/99
From: HunterD_Raven

Doom continues "Although I have mastered a weapon which can kill the Kromaggs, I...I… I have yet to master the science of recording and tracking wormholes. As Much as I am the greatest scientist of this world. I would thank any help you can give. I am a man of my word. Anything I can give would be gladly given. The Kromaggs are the only threat to my empire." Quinn looks worried, "How do we know you won’t take over worlds. Like the Kromaggs did." Doom looks down on him. "You have my word." Maggie, who has just gotten up and is still obviously sore from the earlier blast looks outraged, "His WORD, HA, how do we know you will keep it?" "You Question DOOMs honor? I have never broken my word. Even to my greatest enemies they knew my word was my bond. I make no claims of sainthood, but I never break my word." Clint speaks, "As much as I hate to admit it. He is telling the truth. The reason I help him is because, before he took over I nearly lost my hearing, I was about 90% deaf. He used his science to help me. I can probably hear better than you know." Maggie was still untrusting; "Yeah and you work for him. How should we know he’ll keep his word?" Clint was getting pissed now "How do you know he Won’t? You aren’t even from this world Silicone Girl." Maggies fists clinched "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!" "ENOUGH!!!!!!" Doom yelled and all turned to him. "Listen either you help me or you do not, it makes no matter, your help will merely speed my victory. I merely wish for this world. There is no need to rule others." Quinn looks at the others "I say we help him, we could use the help in beating the Kromaggs." Remmy steps forward "Listen how about this Doom, we help you track wormholes, you help us by giving us the weapon to beat the Kromaggs, Deal?" Doom placed his chin on his fist, looking almost like a futuristic Knight version of The Thinker. "It is satisfactory to me." Remmy turns back to the others "Well?" Quinn nods "I guess it’ll do" Doom nodded "Scientists come with me" he said he left the room, Quinn & Diana followed. Remmy turned to Peter "So what do us civilians do?" Peter smiled "What interests you?" "I was a famous singer on my world. She’s an army brat" Peter nodded "O.k. you get to meet Dazzler and she will meet General Fury."

In the Lab…
Quinn & Diana where discussing how to track wormholes with Doom as another voice spoke behind them. "But of course I should have figured that out. Simple really" They turned to see the large Blue Furred man in a lab-coat. "What are you?" Diana asked bluntly. "I am a mutant scientist, Hank "beast" Mcoy. Who tried a formula on himself and it accidentally gave me blue fur." He paused. "But at least I don’t have an overbite." Diana was shocked "WHY I NEVER…" Beast interrupted "Maybe you should, once you go blue you never go back." Diana looked outraged. "Not much of a sense of humor on you is there. Sir Doom, I can get the proper adaptations done in a few minutes. Then we simply have to find a world with the alternate race in which to test the weapon" Doom nodded to Quinn "Any Suggestions, we know it worked on our world, but we wish for a second test. Make sure it works on alternate worlds and not because of something that resides only on our own."

A few hours later…(couldn't think of anything decent to do with Dazzler
Remmy and Maggie walk into the main room of Dooms castle they are talking "So how did you enjoy that Fury guy Maggie?" "I think we could be related, similar attitudes, careers He even wears an eye patch but says Doom could fix his eye, but he likes it as a battle remnant." "Interesting Dazzler is a pretty good singer, maybe if we ever get back to earth prime I'll find her double, we'd make a great duo." "Hey guys" Quinn welcomed them back "Still a few minutes before we slide so we can test out the weapon, so where do you want to test it?" "Well, not home until we know it will work, so how about the world with the weapon experiments from the maggs. I want to see how that girl wound up (authors note: couldn’t remember the girls' name... if you can PLEASE mail it to me and I will add it when I send this to the SLFIC archive) "OK that's were we go and then we slide home ok? Remmy thinks for a moment "Ok, we'll still try to find Wade if we can right" "Sure, but I want to see home again." Doom walks up behind them holding a small weapon it looks a lot like the Vorlon device, Peter and Clint following Doom. "So we go to an earth with mixed human and Kromagg populace, good it worked here without harming anyone, the maggs are my major enemy but I do not wish for it to have adverse affects on humans" "Did it on this world?" Quinn asks "No adverse effects to humans here, but every world is different." "True, here's hoping" Quinn picks up the timer and opens the Vortex "Let's hope this works"

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/11389
Nominated by HunterD_Raven

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext