"Gilligan Of The Spirits" (FIC)

Date: 01/29/2001
From: Informant


I wrote a horrible fanfic which probably has tons of errors. Sorry in advance, but it had to be written :-)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Gilligan Of The Spirits"
n By Informant

The night was cold and dark. Hot rain fell from the sky of this alien Earth. Though they'd been sliding for over a year, Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt and Arturo never got used to all of the differences that each Earth held.
They stood in the middle of the woods, each in a rain coat that they had bought off of a camping family about a mile back.
"How much longer do we have on this infernal world, Ms. Welles?" Arturo yelled over the roaring thunder.
Wade pulled the timer out of her pocket and looked at the readout, "Ten seconds!" she yelled back at him.
They ran through the woods, trying to find a clearing to open the vortex. As they did, Quinn slipped on a rain-slicked rock and fell, twisting his leg.
"Q-Ball!" Remmy yelled back, turning to help Quinn.
"I'm fine, Remmy, go!" Quinn replied to him as he got back on his feet.
In a clearing a few yards ahead, Wade opened the vortex and jumped in. Arturo followed her, and finally Rembrand - after he made sure that Quinn was behind him.
As Quinn ran and jumped unto the vortex, a bolt of lightning struck the vortex…

 

The vortex opened. Wade, Arturo and Rembrandt flew out. Each landed on their stomachs on the warm sand of a beach. As they stood, they tried to regain their wits.
"That was some ride." Remmy said, brushing the sand out of his mustache.
"Did either of you feel that jolt? Almost as though a small charge of electricity had run through my body." Arturo asked.
"I felt it. My fingertips are still numb." Wade replied, "So what was it, Quinn?"
The air was silent. No reply came. Wade looked around. He expression dropped as she didn't see her friend.
"Quinn?" she called out, spinning to look in every direction.
Arturo and Rembrandt looked around too, neither seeing Quinn.
"Q-Ball?!" Remmy called out.
"Mr. Mallory!" Arturo shouted.
Wade's heart began pounding in her chest. She felt as though an extra fifty pounds had been placed on her shoulders, "Quinn! Quinn, this isn't funny!" she called as she began to tear up.
She ran back to the tree line that the vortex had opened in, looking in every direction.
"Quinn!" Arturo called from the beach.
Wade ran into the woods, frantic, "Quinn!"
Still, there was no reply. Wade ran back to the beach.
"Remmy, Did he come into the vortex?" Wade asked Rembrandt, holding back the tears.
"He was right behind me. I thought he was in there behind me." Remmy replied.
"Quinn!" Wade called out.

About ten yards down the beach, Quinn walked out of the woods, brushing sand off of his arms. He looked down the beach and saw his friends.
"Hey guys! Over here!" he called out to them. None of them even looked over in his direction.
He ran over to them, wondering what was wrong, "What's wrong? Lose the timer again?"
Nobody replied. Quinn waved his arms in front of Wade, "Hello?"
Wade didn't even reply.
"Quinn!" Wade yelled, looking in another direction.
"I'm right here." Quinn told her, but she didn't see him.
"Mr. Mallory! Where are you, man?" Arturo asked.
"Ha ha, very funny." Quinn said to him.
Wade walked up to Quinn, but still didn't look at him, "Quinn!"
Then Wade took another two steps. Right through Quinn.
Quinn's face dropped, "What the…?"
Quinn turned to look at Wade, "Wade!"
Quinn couldn't believe what was happening. Wade had just walked through him. Nobody could see him. Nobody could hear him.
"Am dead?" Quinn asked himself.

"Ms. Welles, it's best that we don't panic. Mr. Brown says that Quinn was behind him. It's possible that he had merely been separated from us. It has happened before." Arturo told her.
"Last time that happened, didn't Quinn still have the timer?" Wade asked, holding the timer up.
"It is still possible that he has landed on another part of the…" Arturo looked around, "Island?"
Wade and Rembrandt looked around. The curve of the beach and the total lack of land on the other side of the water made it clear that they weren't in San Francisco.
"Where are we?" Remmy asked.
"Wherever we are, Mr. Brown, I think it's important that we look around. According to the timer that Ms. Welles has been so kind as to show me, we will be here for three days. We should find some sort of shelter and food."
"What about Quinn?" Wade asked.
"Ms. Welles, I assure you that I will not rest until we've figured out what has happened to Quinn, however, letting our own concerns go ignored will only serve to damage our chances of finding him in time." Arturo told her, setting off into the jungle.

It was only about fifteen minutes or so before they came across a small hut. They walked around to the front of it where they saw a red-headed woman in a gold dress with her back to them.
"Excuse me." Wade said to the woman who didn't turn around.
"Mary-Ann, would you hand me one of those clips off of the table?" the woman said, holding out her hand.
Wade shrugged to her friends and grabbed what looked like a primitive hair clip, made out of shells and sticks, off of the table and handed it to the red-haired woman.
"I'm sorry, but I'm not Mary-Ann." Wade told the woman.
The woman turned around, her face was covered with mud in what looked like a beauty ritual. When she saw Wade and the others, she rolled her eyes back and fainted.
Remmy rushed up just in time to catch her before she hit the ground.
"Hey, wake up, girl." Remmy said to the woman as Wade pointed him to a lounge chair nearby. Remmy set the woman down on the chair. After a few moments, the woman began to wake up.
"I'm sorry, miss, we didn't mean to frighten you." Arturo told her.
When her eyes were opened fully and she saw the people around her, the woman jumped out of the chair.
"People!" the woman smiled, "Real, live people! Are you hear to rescue us?"
"Rescue?" Wade asked.
"We crashed on the island. We've been marooned since." the woman told them.
"I'm sorry, madam, but we aren't a rescue team." Arturo told her.
"Ginger." the woman said, introducing herself, "Ginger Grant."
"A pleasure, Ms. Grant." Arturo smiled, "You say there are others here?"
"Yes, seven of us. There's the Skipper and Gilligan and Mary-Ann and the Professor and the Howell's." Ginger said, "And me, of course."
"And you crashed here?" Wade asked.
"Yeah. We've been marooned for ages." Ginger said, looking at Wade's hair and clothes, "Is that what they're wearing now? I haven't been able to look in the magazines."
Wade looked down at herself, no longer in the rain coat, she was now in simple jeans, a plain v-neck sweater and her yellow leather jacket, "I'm not really a fashion person." Wade smiles.
As Wade said that, two men walked out of the jungle. A heavy-set man with white hair, a blue shirt, and a sea captain's hat, and a skinny man with black hair, a red shirt and a white sailor's cap. Both looked stunned when they saw Wade, Remmy and Arturo.
"Gilligan, Skipper, these are…" Ginger started before she started giggling, "I'm sorry I don't know your names."
"I'm Professor Maximillian Arturo. These are my friends, Ms. Wade Welles and Rembrandt Brown." Arturo introduced.
"You can just call me, Skipper. And this is…" the Skipper stopped short in his sentence, realizing that Gilligan was hiding behind him, "Gilligan," he said to the man, not Arturo.
When Gilligan didn't reply, the Skipper grabbed his hat and quickly turned around, "Gilligan, what's wrong?" Skipper said, trying to stay calm, "These are nice people, you don't have to be scared of them."
"Oh, it's not them I'm scared of, Skipper." Gilligan said, "I'm scared of Ginger."
The Skipper looked back at Ginger who still had the mud mask on her face, and he just took a deep breath.

He's lost the others about an hour earlier when he stopped to tie his shoe. It didn't really matter, nobody could see or hear him. He couldn't figure out why, but something had to have happened. Now, he just wandered through the jungle.
"I'm dead." Quinn told himself in a flat voice.
Then he saw a hut. In front of the hut, a man in a red shirt was sitting on a chair. Quinn walked to him, though he didn't expect the man to actually see him.
"I never get to be in there when the Professor's doing an experiment." Gilligan mumbled to himself.
Then Gilligan looked up, seeing Quinn.
"Oh, hi. You with the others?" Gilligan asked.
Quinn looked back to see if anyone was behind him before answering, "Are you talking to me?"
"Yeah. I'm Gilligan."
"I'm Quinn." Quinn said, walking closer, "So you can see me?"
"Yeah." Gilligan smiled, "Of course I can see you. You're right there. See? There you are."
Then the Skipper came out of the hut and looked at Gilligan, "Gilligan, did you say something?"
"So, Skipper. I was just talking to Quinn." Gilligan replied.
"Oh, you were just talking to Quinn." The Skipper said, smiling. He turned to walk back into the hut, then stopped and looked back at Gilligan, "Gilligan?"
"Yeah, Skipper?"
"Who's Quinn?" the Skipper asked.
"He's him." Gilligan said, pointing to Quinn.
The Skipper looked, but saw nothing where Gilligan pointed.
"Gilligan, there's nobody there." Skipper said.
"You can't see me." Quinn whispered.
"Sure someone's there, Skipper. Don't you see him?" Gilligan asked.
"Gilligan, there is nobody there." Skipper said in an angrier voice.
"Okay, Skipper, you're right. I just made him up." Gilligan finally gave in.
"Good, Gilligan. Now be quiet so we can talk to these people without you bothering us." Skipper told him as he walked back into the hut.
"Nobody there?" Gilligan said to himself, "Is so someone there."
"I am here." Quinn told him, "But he can't see me."
Quinn thought for a moment, pacing back and forth. After a moment, Gilligan stood and paced behind him.
"I must have slipped into some sort of astral plain. The storm on the other world. Maybe that jolt somehow split the vortex, sending them to the normal world, and me to the astral plain of the same world." Quinn said to himself.
"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too." Gilligan said.
Quinn stopped pacing. Gilligan bumped into him, then backed away.
"What?" Quinn asked.
"Oh, I don't know. I was just saying what you were saying." Gilligan grinned.
"Look, for some reason, you can see me. You have to give a message to my friends." Quinn told Gilligan.
"Oh, no. Nope, I won't do it." Gilligan said, "Last time I mentioned you, the Skipper almost hit me with his hat."
"You can't just ignore me. I have to tell my friends that I'm okay, and you're the only way for me to do that." Quinn insisted.
"Sorry, buddy. I really am, but I can't help you." Gilligan told him.
"Gilligan!" came a female voice in the distance.
"That's Mary-Ann. I gotta go." Gilligan said to Quinn as he ran off.
Quinn didn't know what to do. He had to find a way to convince Gilligan to tell the others that he was okay. But how could he do it?
All seemed lost…

"So you're telling me that this timing device allows you to travel between the boundaries of space and time?" the Professor asked Arturo as he studied the timer.
"Actually, no." Arturo explained, "What we do does not involve time at all. What we do, rather, is create a whole in the fabric of space of one dimension, allowing us to step through, into another dimension."
The Skipper took off his hat and scratched his head, "I'm sorry, but 'dimensions'?"
"Of course, Skipper. Popular theory suggests that with each decision a man makes, any number of dimensions could be created. Worlds where the same person made a different decision at the same time, and history was changed is different ways. By now there could be literally millions of dimensions. Each with an alternate history." the Professor explained.
"So you travel to different worlds then?" Skipper asked, none of this making sense.
"No, my good man. We travel to the same world, and the same time, but a different dimension. Another layer, if you would, of the same garment." Arturo told the Skipper.
"In a way, we're just as marooned as you guys are." Wade told them.
"Indeed." Arturo backed up.
The Professor walked to his desk and sat down, thinking. Something was going on in his head, and the Skipper wanted to know what.
"What is it, Professor?" Skipper asked.
"Well, Skipper, I just had a thought. It might not be something that we'll actually want to do, but it is one possible solution to our problem." the Professor started, "Perhaps we could go with these people. To whatever dimension they do land on, it has to be better than being stuck on this island."
"I wouldn't be too sure about that." Remmy said, "We've been in some pretty nasty situations."
"Even still, I don't think it would be possible to bring your entire group with us. This time hasn't enough power to support the mass of a group of people this large. If attempted, we might all be killed." Arturo told them, "And I'm quite sure that the tools needed to make the needed adjustments to the timer in order to allow such an attempt would not be found on this island."
"I suppose it was foolish to think of it in the first place." the Professor said.

"Gilligan, Ginger told me that there's people on the island. Is it true?" Mary-Ann asked.
"Yeah, Mary-Ann, it's true. There's a heavy one, and a skinny one, and a middle one, and an invisible one." Gilligan told her.
"Invisible?" Mary-Ann replied, not knowing quite what to think.
"Oh, but he doesn't really exist." Gilligan assured her.
"Oh." Mary-Ann said, pretending to understand, "Anyway, I have to go change before I meet them."
"Okay, Mary-Ann." Gilligan said, smiling,
Mary-Ann started to walk away. A moment later she turned around and grinned at Gilligan.
"And, Gilligan," she started, "I made your favorite pie for desert tonight. Coconut cream."
She turned and started walking again.
"Thanks, Mary-Ann." Gilligan said, sitting down on one of the nearby lounge chairs.
He closed his eyes and pulled his hat over them.
"I'm not gonna stop asking." Quinn said, standing next to him.
"I don't hear you." Gilligan told him.
Quinn looked around, trying to figure out what to do, "What can I offer you?"
"A Speedy Racer decoder ring, and a moon pie." Gilligan replied sarcastically.
I need your help." Quinn started, "I can tell you're not a bad person. How will you live with yourself if you don't help me?"
"Like this." Gilligan replied, turning over and pretending to be asleep.
Mary-Ann ran back, and grabbed a drink that she'd left on the table. She saw that Gilligan was sleeping, so she tried to be quiet. That is, until she saw that her pie was missing.
"Gilligan!" Mary-Ann shouted, "Where's my pie?"
Gilligan jumped up and looked at Mary-Ann, "I didn't take it."
"Gilligan, it was right there on that table when I left and now it's gone. You're the only one who could have taken it." Mary-Ann said angrily, pointing to a table a few feet away that was covered with grass and bamboo.
"Honest, Mary-Ann, I didn't take it." Gilligan said, "Maybe he took it."
Gilligan pointed to Quinn. Of course, Mary-Ann couldn't see Quinn.
"I want that pie back, Gilligan, or you won't eat dinner for a week!" Mary-Ann shouted.
Gilligan frowned. Quinn walked to the table. He bent down far enough so that his face actually went through it. Then he stood up and pointed to it, "In here."
Gilligan walked to the table, and spread the grass apart so he could see under it. Under it was a monkey, eating the lost pie.
"Sophie!" Gilligan said angrily.
"I'm sorry, Gilligan." Mary-Ann told him, leaning over to kiss his cheek.
After she was gone, Gilligan turned to Quinn, "Okay, I'll help you."

That night, Arturo, Remmy and Wade slept in the hut that the Skipper and Gilligan usually slept in. Gilligan and the Skipper slept under the stars.
The night was quiet and still. Everyone was sound asleep. The door opened a little bit, and the head of Thurston Howell III popped in. After seeing that the sliders were asleep, he stepped inside the hut.
"C'mon, Lovey. The coast is clear." he whispered back to his wife.
She soon followed him into the hut, "Are you sure we should be doing this, Thurston? These poor people will be stranded."
"Of course, dear. But you heard what they said. They want to settle down." Thurston replied, "I just want to help them on their way. A little nudge."
They crept closer to the sleeping sliders, making sure not to make a noise. When they finally reached Arturo and saw that he wad the timer in his pocket, Thurston gently tried to grab the timer.
"Hey!" came the voice of Wade from the corner, "What are you doing?"
"Run, Lovey! Tell the children I love them." Thurston said, nudging his wife near the door.
"Right." Lovey replied before realizing, "But, Thurston, we don't have any children."
"I'd forgotten." Mr. Howell responded, "In that case, tell our stock broker."
(side note, the Howells didn't have children in the series, this only happened in the third tv movie. There was a whole episode where they adopted Gilligan because of this.)
"You were trying to take the timer!" Wade shouted, waking up the others.
"Would you believe me if I said we were sleep walking?" Mr. Howell asked.
Gilligan, the Skipper, the Professor, Ginger and Mary-Ann all came running.
"Mr. Howell!" yelled the Professor, "What are you doing?"
"Your friend was trying to take out timer." Remmy told everyone.
The Skipper walked to the Howells, "Is this true."
"I assure you, Captain, we would have returned it after we were done with it." Mrs. Howell told the Skipper.
"What, you'd overnight it from the other dimension you landed on?" Wade quipped.
"I'm terribly sorry about all this." the Professor told them, "I assure you, it won't happen again."
The Skipper pushed the Howell's out of the hut.
"I should hope not." Arturo replied.
The Professor, May-Ann and Ginger all left, leaving Gilligan alone with the sliders.

"Tell them now!" Quinn told Gilligan.
"Okay, okay." Gilligan replied, moving toward the sliders, "Y'know, your friend is okay."
This caught the attention of the sliders. They hadn't told anyone about Quinn.
"What are you talking' about?" Remmy asked.
"Your friend, Quinn. He says to tell you that he's okay." Gilligan told them.
"Gilligan, our friend is lost." Wade told Gilligan.
"He is? Oh, no! I hope it wasn't head hunters!" Gilligan replied, getting upset.
"I'm right here!" Quinn shouted at Gilligan, "Tell them that I'm okay. I think I've been stuck on the astral plane."
"He says that he's okay, and he's caught on an airplane." Gilligan told them.
"What?" Wade asked.
"Astral!" Quinn yelled.
Gilligan looked shocked, "There's no need for that kind of language around here!"
"Tell them that I'm stuck on the astral plane, not airplane!" Quinn ordered.
"He says that he's stuck on the…"
"Astral." Quinn filled in.
"Astral plane." Gilligan finished.
"He's talking to you? How do we know it's real?" Wade asked.
"Tell her about the time that we were on that world that was about to be destroyed, and we kissed in the basement." Quinn told Gilligan.
"Eew!" Gilligan said, making a face.
"Tell her!" Quinn barked.
"He said to tell you about the time you were about to be blown up on a world, and you kissed in his basement." Gilligan said, still making the face.
Wade smiled, "You had to kiss and tell, didn't you?"
"Of course! The jolt we felt in the vortex must have been some type of surge that caused the vortex to split into two layers of this dimension." Arturo said.
"Q-Ball, you here." Remmy asked.
"I'm here, Cryin' Man." Quinn replied.
"He says he's here." Gilligan told Remmy, "But he called you a cry baby."
"Close enough." Remmy replied, smiling.
"So how do we get him off this astral whatever?" Wade asked.
"I'm not sure that we can." Arturo replied.
"Hey, you don't have to tell the Skipper about this, do you? He got mad the last time he saw me talking to Quinn." Gilligan asked.

 


CONTINUED...


Part 2...

Date: 01/29/2001
From: Informant


It was the day of the slide, only 6 hours left. Quinn, Gilligan, Arturo, Wade and Remmy sat near the lagoon.
"I wish there was some way we could help you guys get off the island." Wade said to Gilligan.
"Hey, it's the late nineties, what are the odds that they could miss an entire island off of the California coast?" Remmy asked.
"But, we're near Hawaii and it's the sixties!" Gilligan replied.
"Hawaii? How's that even possible?" Wade asked.
"In theory, this Earth could rotate in such a way that could make it possible. However, my bigger concern is for the castaways here. The must be something that we could do to help them." Arturo though out loud.
"We might be able to boost the timer's power if we could find some sort of amplifier that was placed in the timer in just the right way." Quinn suggested, "Like magnifying the light of the sun under a piece of glass."
"Quinn says that me might be able to make the time stronger if we use a magnifying glass to make the sun's light stronger." Gilligan repeated, knowing already that he was wrong, "I mean…"
"I think I understand what he's saying." Arturo told Gilligan, "But we would need a way to boost the timer's output. A crystal or diamond of some sort. But I'm certain that such a thing would be impossible to find here."
"Oh, too bad. I really wanted to get off this island." Gilligan frowned, "Wait! Mrs. Howell has a diamond. She has tons of them. Big ones. Small ones. Medium ones with little rubies and emeralds around them…"
"Take me to her at once!" Arturo insisted.

Arturo and the Professor looked over the diamond carefully, not aware that Quinn was standing next to them, doing the same.
"I think we can use this to magnify the power." Quinn told Gilligan.
"Oh, that's good." Gilligan smiled.
"What's good?" the Skipper asked from the doorway.
"That we can use the diamond." Gilligan replied.
"Who said we could use it?" Skipper questioned.
"He did." Gilligan responded, pointing to Quinn.
"Oh." The Skipper smiled before realizing that Gilligan wasn't pointing to anyone, "Gilligan," Skipper said calmly, "There's nobody there!"
"I don't think the question is 'can we use it'," the Professor started, "But rather, 'do we want to use it?'"
"That's a good question." Arturo told him, "If you did come with us, no only would you never return to the world that you care about, but you'd be putting your lived in danger on a regular basis until you found a world that you were comfortable on."
"All my stocks… gone." Mr. Howell thought out loud.
"My collection of rare mansions…" Mrs. Howell said.
"My family…" Mary-Ann thought.
"My career…" Ginger whispered.
"I think it might be fascinating." the Professor said.
"I'd just be glad to have a normal meal!" the Skipper spoke.
"I wouldn't have to give my brother back his pocket knife!" Gilligan smiled.
The room was silent for a moment.
"I'll make the adjustments to the timer, and you can decide what you'll do when I'm done. I only have a short amount of time." Arturo told them.

As the others waited outside while Arturo worked on the timer, they thought long and hard about the decision. Occasionally, one would ask Wade and Remmy a question about the life of sliding.
"I think we should stay, Lovey." Thurston told his wife, "We can still be rescued, and go home to our fortune."
"I agree, dear." Lovey replied.
"But what happens if some of us want to go?" the Skipper asked, "Are we willing to split up?"
"I don't like the idea, Skipper. But wouldn't it be better for some of us to find a home than for all of us to be stranded here forever?" the Professor said.
"I want to go." Ginger said, "I might not have fame, but at least I won't have to wear the same dress anymore. Besides, I haven't had a good ham sandwich in such a long time."
"I'm not sure I want to leave my family for good," Mary-Ann said, "But I'm not sure I'll ever see them again anyway. I just don't know what to do."
"Well I'm going. And I'm gonna have a hamburger, and a steak, and french fries, and a soda pop, and ice cream, and I'm gonna read comic books all day." Gilligan told them.
"It doesn't usually work like that." Wade spoke.
"Yeah, sliding isn't really like being back home. We're always running from something. Never quite fitting in. It's not an easy life." Remmy said.
"We haven't been home in a long time, and I'm not sure I'll ever get home. For all I know, some ugly monster might cut me up and use me as a really fast computer. In some ways, we're more lost than you are." Wade continued.

By the time of the slide, everyone but the Howells and Mary-Ann had decided to go with the Sliders. Everyone gathered near the lagoon for the slide.
"We have less than four minutes. I suggest everyone makes their good-byes." Arturo told the islanders before leaning closer to Wade and Remmy, "I'm afraid that includes us. I'm not sure that Quinn will be able to make the next slide. He no longer exists on this plane."
"Are you saying that Quinn might be stuck here forever, Professor?" Wade asked.
"I'm sorry, but yes." Arturo frowned.
Wade thought for a moment. Her eyes filled with tears, "I'm not going."
Arturo and Remmy looked at her.
"What do you mean, girl? You can't stay here." Remmy told her.
"Quinn won't even be able to communicate with you." said Arturo.
Wade looked at her friends, "What am I supposed to do? I can't just leave him here."
"Wade, you have to go! I'll be fine here… aside form the whole toilet and food issues." Quinn yelled to her, but she couldn't hear him. Gilligan wasn't near enough to say it for him.
"I know how you feel. But staying here won't do any good." Arturo argued.
Wade broke into full sobbing, "I can't just leave. I can't."
She fell into Arturo's arms. He slipped the timer into his pocket and comforted her, "I know. But we don't have a choice."
Quinn tried to touch her but his arm went through hers, "I love you Wade. I always will. But you have to go."
"What was that?" Wade asked, picking her head out of Arturo's chest.

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you so much, Skipper." Mary-Ann said to him, giving him a big hug.
"I wish you were coming with us." he replied.
"We all wish you three would change your minds." the Professor said, somberly.
"I just can't, Professor. I have to hope that someday I'll see my family again." Mary-Ann told him with a hug.
"Yes, and of course we couldn't possibly leave our babies alone on this world." Thurston told them.
"But I thought you didn't have any children." Ginger replied.
"Oh, he wasn't talking about children, dear. He was talking about our companies." Lovey filled in.
"Yes, there's the Howell oil company, Howell automotive, and who could possibly forget the Howell travel agency?" Thurston grinned, "Uh, Lovey, remind me to sell that last one as soon as we get back, would you?"
"Of course, dear." Lovey replied.
Mary-Ann looked around for Gilligan, but didn't see him anywhere around.
"Where's Gilligan. He's not going to miss the slide, is he?" she asked.
"I'm up here!" Gilligan called from above.
Everyone looked up and saw Gilligan in a palm tree.
"Gilligan! What are you doing up there?!" the Skipper called, holding onto his hat.
"I wanted to get a coconut. Y'know… like a souvenir!" Gilligan called down, "Catch!"
He tossed a coconut down to the Skipper who wasn't prepared to catch it. Out of reflex, the Skipper swatted it away. The coconut flew through the air, hitting Arturo in the chest.
"GILLIGAN!" the Skipper called.
The group, minus Gilligan, ran to Arturo.
"Are you okay, Mr. Arturo?" Mary-Ann asked.
"I'm fine, Miss Summers. I just hope the timer is as fine as I." he said, removing the timer from his coat's chest pocket. The timer was in one piece with less than two minutes left till the slide, but the diamond was nowhere to be seen. Arturo reached into his pocket and pulled it out.
"Oh no! The diamond fell off!" Ginger cried.
Arturo looked at the timer, then back to the castaways with a sad look, "I'm sorry. The timer will never be able to support everybody now."
"Are you sure? Maybe we could hold the diamond in front of it…" the Skipper started.
"He's right, Skipper. The diamond needed to be placed at just the right angle. It would take hours to fix it now." the Professor told him.
"You mean, we're not getting off the island?" Ginger pouted.
"I'm afraid not." Arturo replied.
Arturo aimed the timer, and activated it. The vortex opened in front of them.
"It's beautiful." Mary-Ann commented.
"Yes, it is." Quinn said… and everyone could hear him!
Everyone turned to see Quinn standing just behind them, but only half visible.
"Quinn…" Wade started.
"The vortex. It's making it possible for you to see me."
"Mr. Mallory…" Arturo started, getting to the point of them having to slide.
"I know, Professor. You have to go." Quinn forced a smile.
Arturo walked to him, a tear in his eye, "You've been like a son to me, Quinn."
"And you're the closest thing I could hope to have to a father since my real one." Quinn told him, "Go."
Arturo tried to hug him, but couldn't. He slowly turned and jumped into the vortex.
Remmy was next, "I'm gonna miss you, Q-Ball."
"Me too, Cryin' Man. You have no choice though." Quinn comforted him.
They shared a look that said everything they were thinking, and Remmy finally jumped into the vortex. Only Wade was left.
"Damn you, Quinn." Wade said, crying, "What won't you do for attention?"
"You know me." Quinn said, now also crying.
Wade wasn't moving anywhere, "I can't leave you."
"You have to. You have to get home." Quinn responded.
"I can't leave you alone here."
"I'll suffer more if you never see your family again. Now go. Before it closes."
Wade tried to kiss him, but only kissed the air. Sobbing again, she turned and jumped into the vortex.
Then the vortex closed. Quinn vanished again.
The castaways stood silent. Mary-Ann and Ginger cried.
"You're welcome with us, Quinn." the Skipper told him, though he couldn't see him.
A moment passed. Then, out of nowhere, another vortex opened! A red one that once again lit up Quinn.
"Another one?" the Professor asked.
Quinn studied it for a moment, then replied, "It must be for me. Another vortex on the astral plane. It must have been set off by the other vortex realigning itself."
Quinn smiled at the castaways. They smiled back. Then with a nod and a wave goodbye, he ran toward it. Before he jumped, he looked back.
"Thank you. Especially Gilligan." he said.
Then he dove into the vortex. It closed right behind him.


Wade, Arturo and Remmy found themselves on the side of a normal San Francisco street. Wade was still crying. Remmy held her as they struggles to stand.
As they walked down the street, they saw nobody. Wade cried, and the others tried to comfort her. Then there was a noise. In the bushes… something was there! They stopped and backed away.
"What is it?" Remmy asked.
Then it made itself known. Quinn stood up out of the bushes, picking leaves out of his hair. Wade smiled and ran to him. They hugged for a moment until they were cut off by Arturo.
"Um… This is rather odd." Arturo said, pointing.
When the others turned, they saw what Arturo was looking at. A mail man walking up to a house, totally naked, save his mail bag. He walked to the door and rang the doorbell. The woman who answered the door was also totally naked.
"Oh boy." Quinn muttered.

 

 


Back on the island, night had fallen. The Skipper walked through the trees, back to the lagoon. He looked around, then up into the tree.
"Gilligan." he said.
Up in the tree, too scared to come down, was Gilligan, "I'm not coming down!"
"Gilligan, come down. I'm not going to hurt you." the Skipper replied.
"No."
"GILLIGAN!"


They said it couldn't be done.

Date: 01/29/2001
From: EustiSlider


Or was that "shouldn't be done?" Either way, it was very entertaining. A bit disturbing, tho', how well you managed to capture the Gilligan's Island characters so well.

--E

Info, You're a nut!

Date: 01/29/2001
From: SweetOne


Funny. Big Gilligan fan are you?

SweetOne

"Remember the ones who love you."

Was this a 3 hour episode?

Date: 01/29/2001
From: Recall317


Too bizarre.

I think you should have wrecked the timer like in the original and have Arturo and the Professor try to make a new one out of coconuts and bamboo.

R317

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/24813
Nominated by DMD

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext