RebirthPt2 (Fanfic)

Date: 7/26/2000
From: Slider_Quinn21

Quinn Mallory was in his cell again. He couldn't remember how he had appeared here. He couldn't remember anything anymore. The headaches that used to come at random points were now continuous. Quinn waited for death. That was the Kromagg's plan. Eliminate the need for life...

Mary appeared in front of her Kromagg masters. There was to be a briefing of the current situation. Mary examined the dark room. She was no longer allowed to face the Kromaggs when they addressed her. She was even sub-human to them.

KROMAGG
The signal from the original human prisoner has resurfaced. He is on the move. Prepare the invasion force.

MARY
Yes, master...

KROMAGG
What is the condition of the prisoner?

MARY
He is in great pain.

KROMAGG
Are we ready to commence the second phase of our plan?

MARY
Yes, master...


SLIDERS
"Rebirth"

STARRING
Jerry O'Connell as Quinn Mallory
Sabrina Lloyd as Wade Welles
Cleavant Derricks as Rembrandt Brown
and...
John Rhys Davies as Arturo


Professor Arturo and Rob walked down the streets of San Francisco. Rob was marveled at how similar this world was to his. That is, until he came to the ocean. He looked at it, half-startled, and half-amazed. It was so extraordinary, but so out of place.

ROB
What is that?

Arturo looked up, a little shocked himself. After all that time on Rob's world, he didn't expect to see it again. It was so beautiful to him.

ARTURO
Isn't it beautiful! That's the Golden Gate Bridge!

ROB
Is this your home world?

ARTURO
We will have to examine it, but I have found out over the years, Mr. Williams, that I am not so lucky...


Things were looking up for Quinn. The headaches were going away, and his mind was much clearer. The walls didn't move as much, and he was able to see things more clearly. The entire room looked clearer and brighter. The fog that was blocking his mind had lifted, and his original goal had become apparent again.

Quinn began to put his mind to work again, to try and find a way out of the prison. He noted every act of the guards, trying to find a weakness. There seemed to be none. He was trapped, but, now at least, he was able to focus.


Arturo walked to the University. He was looking for one thing, and one thing alone. The one thing that would determine whether or not he was home. Checking for Quinn, Wade, or Rembrandt wouldn't work. He had to find himself to prove he was home. The Professor left Rob at the door and entered the building. He went up the stairs, looking for one particular room, his office. If it were there, he would he would know he wasn't home.

Arturo walked down the corridor, and went to the same room that he had been to so many times before the original slide. The name on the door wasn't his. It read "Thomas Rivers". Knowing that he might just be in a different office, Arturo used Rivers' secretary's computer to access the faculty files. He entered his own name, and the search brought up no files. That made sense, because all files of former faculty members were deleted. Maybe he was that lucky.

Arturo never had been so happy. Of course, there was still a chance that he wasn't home, but the odds were in his favor now. But his hopes were shot down, when he saw the figure in the hall. It was himself, cleaning the halls. On this world, Max Arturo was the janitor of the University.

Mary walked down the corridor to the cell of Quinn Mallory. The second phase of the plan was to be put into action. Two Kromagg guards followed her to the cell. She appeared in front of Quinn and ordered him to follow the guards. He was to be shipped to another prison Earth, where he would be forced to work for the Dynasty.

The two guards took Quinn down another corridor. One lead the way, with another guard holding up the rear. Quinn had to find a way to escape. Just then, an alarm went off. The guard behind him went to investigate. Quinn took this as a chance to escape. He hit the guard in front of him, knocking him down. Quinn heard laser fire behind him, so the guards had to have their hands full. Quinn searched for somewhere to hide or the location of the timer. He was lucky to find the latter.

Quinn entered the room and found the timer. He was ready to access the coordinates of the last world he visited, but he thought of an idea. The coordinates of Earth Prime were in the timer. He just had to localize them. The machinery in the Kromagg laboratory could do that. A guard ran by the room. The situation in the prison area had to be big. Quinn had to hurry. He hooked the timer up to the panel, and entered his information. While the machine computed the information, a Kromagg scientist entered the lab and saw Quinn. He hit an alarm and charged at Quinn.

The Kromagg scientist knocked Quinn to the ground. Quinn was able to knock the Kromagg over with his leg. He picked himself up, just as the computer finished the scan. He had his home coordinates on the screen. He saved the coordinates and prepared to slide to the last world. From there, he would slide home. He tried to activate the timer, but it didn't work. There was a Kromagg fail-safe that the Scientist had activated that drained the timer's power. Now, he had the road home, but no way to get down it.

He looked down at the scientist, who was rising to his feet. In his coat pocket, was a timer. Quinn picked up the scientist, and hit him in the face, knocking him out cold. He went to the panel, entered his home coordinates into the Kromagg timer and activated the vortex. He was about to jump inside the vortex, when he realized that the coordinates were still on the computer. He ran and wiped them off, and he jumped inside the vortex, on his way home.


Arturo was crushed. His rational thought had been overcome by his wish to get home. He was almost convinced that he would never make it home. He met Rob outside and they walked to Golden Gate park. The sight of Abe Lincoln's statue made Arturo more homesick than ever. Arturo activated the timer, and Rob and he jumped inside. Seconds later, Kromagg vortices opened in the sky, and hundreds of manta ships flooded the world...

To be continued...


Two big thumbs up!

Date: 7/26/2000
From: DoctorQuinn

Great job! I loooovveeee it!


The good doctor

great

Date: 7/26/2000
From: Rocks1966

Great story. How many story so far.

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/22334
Nominated by Slider_Quinn21

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext