RebirthPt4 (Fanfic)

Date: 8/1/2000
From: Slider_Quinn21

Rembrandt arrived in San Francisco around 7:23 PM. Rembrandt had remembered this, because he called it "the beginning of his new life." He drove around his old town, before driving to Quinn's house. He had been on Earth Prime for over 3 months, but he had never come back to San Francisco. He had finally made it home.

He was very excited on the way to Quinn's house. In fact, too excited. He ran a couple red lights, and he was issued a ticket. Embarrassed, Remmy drove slowly to Quinn's home. He arrived at the house at 7:48. Wade and Quinn were sitting on the steps talking when Remmy arrived. Wade was so excited to see him. She ran at him for a hug, and actually knocked him into the ground. Quinn walked over and helped his friend up. They had a hug too.

REMBRANDT
Its great to be back, Q-Ball, ain't it?

QUINN
You said it, Cryin' Man!

Rembrandt, then, thought of the other slider. Where was Maggie?

REMBRANDT
Where's Maggie, Q-Ball?

Thinking of Maggie hurt Quinn. He hadn't thought of her since he left the prison. Wade hadn't brought it up, and he liked that. Quinn was tortured from the memories of seeing Maggie taken away. She was gone. Quinn couldn't speak. Rembrandt silently retracted his question, and the sliders had another hug. They were home...


SLIDERS
"Rebirth"

STARRING
Jerry O'Connell as Quinn Mallory
Sabrina Lloyd as Wade Welles
Cleavant Derricks as Rembrandt Brown
and....
John Rhys-Davies as Arturo


Mary was in her cell. She had tricked Quinn Mallory again. She had deceived him, and by this, she had given his world a death sentence. All those people would be dead soon. Many would end up like her, slaves to the Kromaggs. They were superior. They were her masters. Although the word "master" had lost its meaning. She would've called anyone master. She now believed her inferiority. It was so clear now.

But there was still that voice in her head. She was human, and as one, she didn't believe in captivity. But she was captive. She had tried to escape before, but it didn't work. She had accepted her enslavement, but part of her didn't. That part wanted to break free. And as her enslaved part grew weaker, her other side began to emerge.

She had a plan. She was ready. This would probably cost her the thing she once adored. But it had lost its value. She was ready.

Arturo and Rob were preparing to make the final slide. Rob had delayed it, in favor of trying to find another solution. It didn't exist.

Arturo looked into the sky again. It was a little greener on this world. Odd, he thought, the color of the sky. He had never looked this hard before. Rob approached him. They were ready to go. Rob pointed the timer at the greenish sky and opened the vortex. He had promised one more safe slide, but the weak beam and slowly opening vortex made the two sliders nervous. Both thought about staying, but both pushed that out of their minds. They were leaving.

Arturo closed his eyes this slide. He wasn't prepared to accept that the next world was going to be home. He felt the ground as he exited the vortex. He kept his eyes shut, still not ready to see his new home. He felt Rob's hand on his shoulder, and he heard Rob telling him to open his eyes.

As he did, he stared at the barrel of a laser. The laser was in the hands of a Kromagg. Looking up, he saw Rob in the corner, being taken away.

Rob walked slowly, grabbed by a Kromagg. These creatures frightened him. He wasn't ready to accept alternate money, let alone alternate beings. Their ape-like appearance gave thought to Darwin's theories. Also, "Planet of the Apes" came to mind. Too bad he wasn't Heston.

Arturo, too, was afraid. He was afraid for himself, and for his friend. He could remember his first slides. He also remembered his first and only dealing with the Kromaggs. By then, he was fully adapted to sliding. He could only imagine the thoughts going through Rob's head, he being on his first few. He wondered how he would've taken it, had he met these creatures first. He was afraid that he wouldn't have been able to take it.

The two sliders were taken to separate cells. The Kromaggs had learned to keep humans separated. This was the reason that Maggie was taken from Quinn, and why Rob was taken from Arturo. Together, the Kromaggs learned, humans were strong. Apart, they found out, they were weak.

Rob was thrown in a cell, without a word. These creatures were obviously more advanced than humans. Their weaponry and prison-tech were extremely superior. This frightened him. He found himself accepting the situation easily, though. That eased him, for the moment.

Mary was allowed some free time in the forest. She was the human that had led the Kromaggs to a new world. Despite her inferiority, she was allowed some happiness. But today, she was concerned with something else. Her plan had to go into action. She found her old escape route, and found her way into the prison area. Breaking into the computer, she found the location of the cell. The only cell that mattered. In that cell sat her future, her destiny. She was ready to meet it.

She ran to the cell, fast as she could go. She opened it, alarming the resident, Max Arturo. Arturo recognized her. She was the one that he had met the last time he was on this side of a Kromagg prison. She had helped them escape last time, but wasn't she dead? No matter, she was here to help.

Mary opened the cell, and took Professor Arturo to a secret room. The Kromagg guard had taken a break. She had memorized his schedule. All this had been planned years ago, only being put into effect now. She finally had enough courage. Checking the room, she began to talk.

MARY
Professor Arturo, I've pulled your vortex here. I've brought you here to save your Earth.

Arturo didn't understand. What had happened to his Earth? But he knew. The Kromaggs had taken it. But Mary had a solution. That brought comfort.

MARY
The Kromagg invasion parties will be arriving on your Earth soon. I can get you there, and from here I can save it.

ARTURO
How?

MARY
I have my ways, Professor. You have to trust me; I've risked a lot to get you here. They will probably kill me.

ARTURO
Then, come with me.

MARY
I will, just as soon as I save your Earth. I still remember Quinn, and I feel terrible for what I've done.

Arturo ignored her last sentence, as his attention turned to Rob.

ARTURO
What about my friend? He's been taken, too.

MARY
You must leave your friend behind. We have much more to do here.

ARTURO
He's my responsibility. If not for me, he wouldn't be here.

MARY
I'll see what I can do, but, now, you have to go.

Mary activated the vortex, and Arturo reluctantly entered it.


On Earth Prime, Wade, Rembrandt, and Quinn were having dinner. They were so excited to be together. However, their evening was halted by a scream. It was Quinn's mom, watching the news. Quinn ran into the living room, just to see the live coverage. It was a Kromagg manta ship flying out of a blood-red vortex in LA. Seconds later, he heard a familiar sound. Opening the window, Quinn's mouth fell open. Wade and Quinn's mother fainted, seeing what was outside.

There were two vortices opening above Quinn's neighborhood. Followed by a fleet of manta ships...

To be continued...

NOOOO!

Date: 8/1/2000
From: DoctorQuinn

NOOOOO! No more Kromaggs! DIE, 'maggs, DIE!

"DoctorQuinn gives it tow thumbs WAY up!"


The good doctor

Dang Kromaggots

Date: 8/1/2000
From: sliderules

They're always showing up to ruin a perfectly good time. Oh well, that's what happens when you eat eyes. BTW, keep it up Slider_Quinn, I'm loving the story so far. it's a lot better than the dumb Season 4 Premiere.

sliderules

Woo Hoo! Time to kick some 'Magg booty!

Date: 8/1/2000
From: EustiSlider

8^)

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/22438
Nominated by Slider_Quinn21

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext