RebirthPt5 (Fanfic)

Date: 8/3/2000
From: Slider_Quinn21

Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt, and Amanda Mallory rushed to the basement of Quinn's house. They were hiding from the Kromaggs. The radio in Amanda's hand told of the fall of cities like Chicago, Atlanta, and Philadelphia. Whole countries in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa were lost causes, and even European defenses were failing. It was horrible.

But one thing stuck out in Quinn's mind. The coordinates on the Kromagg computer. He had erased them. He knew he had. All this was his fault. He killed his own world...

SLIDERS
"Rebirth"

STARRING
Jerry O'Connell as Quinn Mallory
Sabrina Lloyd as Wade Welles
Cleavant Derricks as Rembrandt Brown
and...
John Rhys-Davies as Arturo

Mary sat at the controls of the Kromagg control room. She was tapping into the defensive controls. She had to get their minds off the invasion, if her plan would ever work. She tapped into the prison controls. She had learned Kromagg technology since her capture. She had to. It was as important as learning how to operate a light switch back home. She brought up the controls for the doors. Entering a stolen password, she opened all of the prison doors, creating a riot in the prison area.

With the Kromagg guards being sent to the prison area, Mary had a few more minutes. Also, the Dynasty wasn't paying full attention to the invasion. Using a secret command code, Mary wiped the coordinates for Earth Prime from the main computer.

Despite the fighting around him, Rob remained in his cell. He was very smart, and he knew that there was no way to win if he left. Fortunately for him, his cell was in the far corner. As long as the riots continued to move to the left, he would have a chance to make a break for it. But where to go? The timer was confiscated. But it was useless anyway. Maybe he could find Arturo. They could find a way out of this place, if he wasn't already dead.

Arturo landed in the middle of a burning warehouse. Odd, considering that he should have landed inside Quinn's basement. Placing his jacket over his face, Arturo ran outside of the warehouse. But it didn't seem much safer outside the fire. Professor Arturo looked straight up at the manta ship above him.

Seeking shelter, Arturo knew that he had to find Quinn. He recognized the building he had just escaped. It was only about a mile away from Quinn's house. Of course, a mile was a long way in the middle of a Kromagg invasion, even if it was at night. Moving through a line of trees, Arturo made his way towards Quinn's house.

In the basement, Quinn was comforting the two women. They needed comfort at this time. Rembrandt watched the stairs, armed with only a baseball bat. But he also stayed close to the radio, hoping for some good news. There was some, but it was overshadowed by the bad. Los Angeles, despite being hit first, was still alive. San Francisco was also keeping itself stable. The nearby bases allowed that. But the east coast was in trouble. Five more major cities had fallen. Europe was still keeping its own, but Asia was under complete control. Africa had been easily taken. Australia was next. It looked real bad. But there was still a glimmer of hope...

Mary was monitoring the invasion. It had slowed, and, eventually it would stop. She was confident in Earth Prime's defenses. Despite the Kromagg's power, Earth Prime's sheer number of forces would prevail. Now, to make her own escape. She would slide to a safe world, setting the slide for about two weeks. By then, the Kromaggs on Earth Prime should be defeated. Then, she would be sent to Earth Prime. It was simple enough, as long as the panel isn't destroyed.

But that one thing kept sticking out in her mind. Her promise to Arturo. His friend. But the riots in the prison. He could've survived. There was no way to tell. She didn't even know his name.

Rob allowed the chaos to move far away before he made his move. He walked slowly down a corridor, right into a Kromagg guard. Both were startled, but the Kromagg had dropped his gun. This allowed Rob to strike his enemy. The punch hurt Rob's hand. Grasping it, he made his way down the corridor. After a few minutes, he had left the prison area. The riots had kept the guards away from even the sensitive areas. At the same time, Mary had decided to try and find Arturo's friend. Then, at least, she could say that she tried. Rob saw her. He didn't know what a female Kromagg looked like, so he ran and hit her with his elbow. She was knocked to the ground, but not knocked cold. She picked herself up, and she faced Rob.

ROB
You're human!

MARY
Of course I am!

Rob helped Mary to her feet. Knowing that she'd never find Arturo's friend, she led him to the lab. Setting an alarm, Mary prepared to slide.

Arturo reached Quinn's block, but stopped, seeing the landed manta ship. He would have to find another way into the house. He walked to the block that was behind Quinn's. But a noise above startled him. It was an Air Force jet. It fired a missile at the manta ship, before flying away. Arturo took this as a chance to take the direct route to Quinn's house.

The four in the basement heard the explosion outside. They all prepared to be taken. Quinn grabbed a two-by-four and stood on the opposite side of Rembrandt. They weren't going to be taken without a fight.

Arturo made his way to Quinn's front door. Before he was able to do so, he was knocked to the ground by a dark figure.

Inside the basement, Rembrandt and Quinn were getting restless. The tense situation was causing them to become nervous. Rembrandt was very edgy. The power went out, suddenly, in the basement. The entire house was pitch black. Quinn went over to find Rembrandt, but Rembrandt, believing he was a Kromagg, hit him in the head with the bat. Both the girls screamed. Because of all the commotion, Rembrandt didn't notice the figure sneaking up behind him. Minutes later, a dark van sped from Quinn's block, leaving Quinn's home empty.


Mary prepared to slide. She had been waiting for years. It was finally time to escape all of the prisons; the personal ones, and the structural ones...

MARY
And where are you going, Mr...

ROB
Rob Williams. But I have to find my friend, Professor Arturo...

MARY
You're the friend? Then, come with me. You're going home.

Mary was about to press the button, when she noticed something. The invasion hadn't stopped. The Kromaggs were still sending reinforcements to Earth Prime. Mary didn't understand. They shouldn't be able to know where to go. How?

MARY
We have a problem....

To be concluded...

Good job, Slider_Quinn21

Date: 8/3/2000
From: dellyone

I really like your fanfic and I can't wait for the next part. Nice writing. Thanks for sharing.


dellyone

Thanks, but...

Date: 8/3/2000
From: Slider_Quinn21

This is, IMO, the weakest part of my story. For those who were disappointed by this part, Part 6(The conclusion) will be better....

But thanks for the kind words...

:-)

Quinn
http://slidersweb.net/otherworlds/214

Good job

Date: 8/3/2000
From: sweetone

I read part 4 last night then I had to go back and find the rest of them. Good story.

Sweetone

It wasn't weak!

Date: 8/3/2000
From: DoctorQuinn

It was perfect, rest assured. ~:O)


The good doctor

Man, if that was weak...

Date: 8/3/2000
From: DieselMickeyDolenz

then part 6 is going to kick ass!

Diesel
Mickey
Dolenz

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/22467
Nominated by Slider_Quinn21

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext