RebirthPt6 (Fanfic)

Date: 8/4/2000
From: Slider_Quinn21

Mary slapped the controls. She couldn't understand it. How were they getting through? She frantically searched through every database she could. Every panel in the room. She even tried accessing the controls for the separate manta ships. But the Kromaggs were coming. She had already noticed the computer was beginning to refuse her access. She was running out of time. Then, it came to her. The implants! The tracking devices! She would have to disable them. She entered the command code to erase the devices from the computer, but she was locked out.

MARY
Damn!

Then, she heard the noise at the door. They had found her. Even with the security systems on, they would be inside in a matter of minutes. She was out of time.

Running through the room, she had to block out those tracking devices! She would then still have enough time to slide, away from the Kromaggs. As Mary worked, Rob realized what he had to do. He recognized some of the technology. He could build a personal transmitter. It would only take a couple minutes, but it would work. Mary had said that it would take a while for the Kromaggs to disable the Central Computer. With this transmitter, he could disable the tracking devices, while at a safe distance.

Piecing together what he could, he created the transmitter. Attached, he placed his watch, to show the amount of time left until the Kromaggs regained control of the computer. He activated it, and it was working. He had control.

ROB
Let's go!

MARY
We can't leave here! You can't activate the sliding device with that!

ROB
We'll have to manage! We're no good dead!

Mary stared at the panel. She could either save Earth Prime, or escape the prison. There wasn't time for both.

ROB
Come on! Its time!


SLIDERS
"Rebirth"

STARRING
Jerry O'Connell as Quinn Mallory
Sabrina Lloyd as Wade Welles
Cleavant Derricks as Rembrandt Brown
and...
John Rhys-Davies as Arturo


They were together again. Finally. But they weren't united. At least, one of them wasn't. Quinn, Wade, and Rembrandt stared at the unconscious Professor Arturo. His presence proved that they weren't home. Wade took it the hardest. She had hoped that she was home the most. Quinn kept apologizing. He had failed his promise again.

QUINN
Where's the timer?

REMBRANDT
That thing ran out a month ago, Q-Ball. We hid it away after it reset.

Quinn searched his pockets for the Kromagg timer. It was gone. He couldn't remember if he had left at the house. They had to get off this world. Wade sat away from everyone else. She wouldn't let anyone close. They had to be home! It was too close to real for it to be a fake. They had been close at times before, but this had to be their world's twin. They had to be home. The other Arturo was a mistake!

Arturo woke up, a large bump on the back of his head. He was a little dizzy, but it was getting better. He looked up, and he saw Wade, Rembrandt and Quinn. He cleared his eyes, and they were still there.

ARTURO
Mr. Mallory! Mr. Brown! Ms. Welles!

Quinn didn't want to tell this Professor that he wasn't his Quinn. Perhaps this world was like the Azure Gate Bridge world. Where he and Wade had left the Professor behind. So, Quinn played along. Wade was angry, so she didn't.

WADE
We're not your friends! This isn't our home!

Wade began to cry. Rembrandt went over to comfort her. Quinn tried to explain to Arturo the situation. He explained that his Arturo had died, and that he had thought he was home. Arturo turned around, and he began to murmur to himself. Quinn couldn't make out anything but the word "Mary". He remembered the Kromagg's servant. It couldn't be the same person, could it?

QUINN
Mary?

ARTURO
She was a woman that we met on a Kromagg Prison about a year and a half ago.

Quinn knew this was too coincidental for him.

QUINN
Professor?

Just then, a man walked inside. He was wearing a black suit, and he had a gun in his jacket. The bulge proved that. Rembrandt was the first to speak up.

REMBRANDT
Why'd you bring us here?

MAN
I think that I can answer that...

The man walked through the door. Quinn and Arturo recognized him. Wade and Rembrandt could barely remember him. It was Conrad Bennish Junior.

Mary thought about it for a second. That's all the time she had. Door was almost down. There wasn't even enough time to activate the sliding device now. She and Rob climbed into a ventilation shaft, and began to escape. Seconds later, the Kromaggs entered the lab. From there, they began to try and override the computer.

Arturo and Quinn stared at Bennish. What was he doing here?

QUINN
Bennish?

BENNISH
That's Agent Bennish to you, Quinn. Now, I have some questions to ask of you.

REMBRANDT
Wait! We're in the middle of a Kromagg invasion and you're going to interrogate us!

BENNISH
Of course! Why wouldn't the FBI question the human leaders of the Kromaggs?

Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt, and Arturo looked around at each other. They were in trouble....

To be concluded...

*Note*

Date: 8/4/2000
From: Slider_Quinn21

I know that I said that Part 6 was going to be the conclusion, but, due to story length, I have divided the conclusion into two parts. Part 7 will be up by Monday, and the epilogue will follow...

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Quinn
http://slidersweb.net/otherworlds/214

Yeah!

Date: 8/4/2000
From: DoctorQuinn

That was awesome! But I still say the other one was fine! <gives thumbs-up sign...again>
I'll be waiting for Chapter 7. ~:O)


The good doctor

Damn fine work, man.

Date: 8/4/2000
From: DieselMickeyDolenz

Can't wait to see how things turn out.

Diesel
Mickey
Dolenz

Whoo Hoo

Date: 8/4/2000
From: dellyone

Another exciting chapter. I can't wait for the next one. Great job.

dellyone

good job

Date: 8/4/2000
From: sweetone

can't wait for the next one.

Sweetone

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/22485
Nominated by Slider_Quinn21

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext