Slideageddon (1)

Date: 03/26/2001
From: SL4ever


>>> WARNING: This story contains gratuitous graphic violence. Much more so than anything I’ve ever posted in public before. The faint of heart would probably be best served moving on to lighter fare.

Also, this was started weeks ago so please don't think any of this is ToFGaL retribution. What happens ... happens. None of it has anything to do with anything else.

Finally, there is something disturbing about someone who posts such gratuitous violence but insists on using “ >:-# ” instead of cuss words. Anyone who stays with me through heads floating in fishbowls, disembowelments, throats being slit, etc. are NOT going to be bothered by a couple curse words. And yet I continued to use the symbol instead of the actual words. But then I have never claimed to be rational... <<<<

Slidageddon

Murphy opened his eyes and groaned. He sat up slowly and tried to remember the previous night. His efforts were in vain so instead he looked around blankly. He was in a gunmetal gray corridor unadorned with ornamentation of any kind. Behind him the corridor seemed to stretch to infinity, broken only by occasional intersecting hallways. Ahead of him was a gate, in front of which stood three people talking casually. Above their heads a sign dangled from the ceiling which read “Sliders, South Gate.”

As he approached the three people (who seemed now to be guarding the gateway to Sliders) Murphy realized that they had nametags on their chests. The broad shouldered man in the crimson tunic and holding a wicked looking knife as if it were a prized teddy bear was named Ozslider. The second man, with long flowing blonde hair and a mischievous grin, held a blast gun that looked like it could be rearranged and fashioned into something else. His name was Coolslider. The third person was a woman. Tall, thin, with long blonde hair and sparkling eyes … Murphy stared a little too long. She caressed her holstered pulse pistol. “What are you looking at?”

Murphy saw that her name was Slider_Sarah but quickly moved his eyes away lest she think he was staring at her breasts. “What is this place?” He asked. “How did I get here? Everything is so crazy here!”

“Fag.” Coolslider snapped good-naturedly.

“What?” Murphy asked, puzzled.

“Do I have to repeat myself?” Coolslider returned.

“Um, no.”


***
Two days before ...

The round dining table was massive. It had to be since emissaries from three different boards were in attendance, with the necessary six feet in between each party. With one exception, the three groups huddled together in their thirds of the table as if they didn’t completely trust the other two groups.

They made small talk during the elaborate twelve course meal, barking orders to their personal service drones and commenting at large about the quality of the roast duck, Chicken Kiev, lobster, and other courses. But no one mentioned their purpose. Not until the last course had been cleared and their claret glasses were full and the last service drone was gone from the secret meeting room.

The one exception, the one person who had been sitting by himself, set aside his crystal glass filled with a dark, oily liquid and regarded the attending emissaries from beneath a brown hood that concealed his features. His brown robe was loose enough that even the shape of his body was not clear. His voice was deep and extremely confident. “I suppose you wonder why I have summoned you.”

One of the leaders of the Farscape board, Stevepalmer, replied first. “You could say that. Why the secrecy?”

One of the First Wave spokespeople, Jesikangel, chimed in. “Yes, what is this about? We’re very busy. We don’t have time for some hooded >:-# wasting our time.”

Ms_Boyd , one of The Invisible Man leaders, sighed. “Can we keep the language clean, please? There was enough cussing in the Invisible Man premiere to last me a lifetime.”

Executive, another First Wave emissaries, muttered another cuss word just loud enough for her to hear.

The Summoner tapped his glass with one long, dark nail. It made a nasty, ominous sound. Everyone returned their attention to him. “There is a blight in the Dominion.” He stated as if he had not been interrupted. “I have summoned you to remove it. None of you alone could accomplish this task. Even two of you would have trouble. But your combined forces will overwhelm this blight and remove it.

“I am speaking, of course, of the Sliders Board. Their show has been canceled for over a year, and yet they remain the largest board in the history of the Dominion. Their rate of posting rivals new shows and dwarfs several of them. They churn out tens of thousands of words of fan fiction a week. They are a drain on precious Dominion resources in a time when their function and very need for existence has passed. You three will invade, execute all remaining denizens of their land, and return that extensive patch of memory to the Dominion.”

Stevepalmer seemed amused. “And if we refuse? Our shows are still in production, you can’t touch us. You need our boards to maintain interest and thus ratings.”

A hideous grin appeared within the hood. “Did you see what we did to Sliders during the two seasons we controlled its production? Who wants a series ending cliffhanger? We have half a dozen more fishbowls in storage. Anyone want to see how we write out one of your beloved characters?”

The emissaries gasped in horror. They conferred among themselves and then voted.

The vote was not much of a surprise. Not even the peacenuts in attendance, like Farscaper Haleypop, could really hope to stop what was about to happen.

****

Murphy left the gate and it’s guards behind and wandered towards the middle of this vast realm. Ahead of him was a central courtyard from which hundreds of side hallways extended out of view. Various groupings of people were scattered throughout the courtyard. As he walked, Murphy found himself glancing at the nametags. He would never remember all the names, but since the tags were not going anywhere he would at least know who he was talking to when and if he got into a conversation. For the moment, however, he was just curious about what their names were.

Someone named TemporalFlux was sitting at a park bench in the middle of the courtyard, typing hurridly on a laptop with one hand while holding a Dagwoodlike sandwich in the other. A glass of Gillian’s Red was beside the laptop.

HunterD_Raven and Stoker_Chick were conversing quietly near an artificial lake.

A larger group of people giggled and joked together over to the left. Murphy caught some of their names, Mychand, Tigs, MTwain, SouthernSlider, Chaser, and QBall79.

Someone was barbecuing. It smelled delicious so Murphy headed that direction. The cook was SL4ever. With him were HurriKain, SweetOne, and Dellyone.

“Hello.” HurriKain commented in a friendly tone. “A visitor I see. You haven’t signed up yet.”

“I don’t even know where I am.” Murphy replied miserably. “Or how I got here.”

SL4ever began turning over the juicy hamburgers, they sizzled and popped delightfully. “That is not an uncommon statement.”

“Are you lost?” SweetOne asked helpfully.

“I guess I must be.”

“Why don’t you look for yourself in the last place you saw yourself? That’s what I always do.” SL4ever commented helpfully.

“You’re insane.” Murphy stated without surprise.

SL4ever turned his attention to the second rack of the grill, where hot dogs burned to perfection. “That is another common statement.”

MTwain joined them from the other group. She slapped SL4ever’s back gently. “Come ON, what’s taking you so long?”

As SL4ever went into a longwinded explanation about how cooking genius could not be rushed, Murphy turned away.

DieselMickeyDolenz was talking heatedly with another group of people, stabbing a printout with one finger. The other three people were Brand_S, Spacetime, and RMScream. All four of them seemed more heavily armed the any of the other residents.

“I’m telling you, there is something suspicious here. The number of posts on those three boards have dropped 24% in the past two days. Something is up.” DieselMickeyDolenz insisted.

“It doesn’t have anything to do with us,” Brand_S scoffed.

“Even if it does, anyone would have to be a retarded chimp to try and >:-# with us.” Spacetime added. “We flame each other back to the stone age for SPORT, what do you think we would do to someone who tried to come in here and take what is ours? We have more flamers per capita than Lebanon.”

RMScream snorted. “And let’s not forget the malevolent rage all Sliders fans carry within their dark hearts because of how many times we’ve been kicked around by the show.”

“What about the reports of ‘campers’ massing at the North, West, and East gates?” DieselMickeyDolenz wanted to know. “And where else would THREE boards be attacking?”

Spacetime twisted his pencil thin mustache with two fingers. His other hand lightly tapped his .88 Magnum. “All right. We’ll each take a gate. Just talk to the guards and check the movement records. I’d be interested to know how many visitors we’ve had from the other boards in the past couple days.”

They broke company and headed in opposite directions as Murphy watched in confusion.

Someone named ThomasMalthus was writing in a notebook computer so Murphy decided to make another attempt at understanding. “What kind of place is this?”

ThomasMalthus glanced up. “The best kind, chum.”

“Why is everyone armed? Do you fight with each other a lot?”

ThomasMalthus found that very amusing and laughed out loud. “All the time! But we save our biggest ire for Peckinballs and other annoying people involved with the show.”

Murphy fell into a bench and sagged his shoulders. “I don’t understand any of this.”

“Just go with it baby,” ThomasMalthus advised. “Comprehension is overrated.”

***

The West Gate was currently guarded by TIP, Slidemania, and The_Seer. As Brand_S approached it four visitors in Yellow Farscape tunics finished signing in and headed into the Sliders community. Brand_S passed them without eyeing them suspiciously (though he covertly checked them out) and greeted the guards. Past the gate he could see two more people in Farscape tunics approaching.

“Hey Slidemania.” Brand_S said causally, fingering his holstered blastgun. “Tell me something. This is the closest gate to Farscape. How many of them have visited in the past two days?”

The other man toggled a switch on his board and entered in the query. “45 different people.”

“Christ almighty! How does that compare to the previous two days?”

“The previous two days we only had 2 people visit!” Slidemania sounded concerned. “I thought there was an increase, but I had no idea ...” he entered another search. “In the previous MONTH we haven’t had 45 different people visit!”

Brand_S glanced back at the four Farscapers who had just passed him. They were lingering at the water fountain twenty feet away. They seemed to be discussing which posts to visit and didn’t seem interested in this conversation. Still, he spoke in a softer voice. “How many of them are still inside?”

More key punches. “23.” The word was stiff.

Brand_S touched his nametag. “Spacetime, come in.”

“Spacetime here.”

“I think DMD is onto something. What does it look like with you?”

“Nothing unusual here at the South Gate. I was just trading snaps with Coolslider.”

The two new Farscapers were close enough to read their tags now. Brand_S didn’t turn but from the corner of his eye he saw the four Farscapers behind him wandering causally back towards the Gate. He couldn’t be sure but he thought they were pulling things from their pockets. Brand_S’s left hand was in his pocket. His questing fingers found his stiletto handle and tightened around it. His right hand seemed to be resting on his belt right above his pistol.

“Prepare to lock down the Gate.” He hissed without moving his lips.

TIP was centering himself in the middle of the Gate to see the two newcomers’ papers. Slidemania leaned forward to cover what his left hand was typing. The_Seer was leaning against the wall and had his hands clasped lightly behind his back, but he was slowly pulled a Bowie knife from a holster at the small of his back.

Brand_S could sense the four right behind him. It would be unnatural not to turn now, so he turned as if to make small talk.

The first one, Stevepalmer, smiled easily. “Hi there. I like your show.”

“I guess that’s why you’re visiting.” Brand_S replied easily. His thumb was on the release button of his pocketed stiletto.

One of the other four, Greenie, added, “I was sorry to hear it was cancelled.”

“So were we.”

Behind him, he could hear TIP ask the two newcomers for their papers. “Here’s a TIP for you, have them out next time and you’ll make it through faster.” She added.

“Have you ever seen Farscape?” A third member of the party already inside, Shipscat asked.

The two people at the Gate identified themselves as KaraS and Qarc.

When Brand_S turned his head slightly to reply to Shipscat he saw Stevepalmer lunge for him. Brand_S darted backwards and to his left, his right handle pulling out his pistol and his left whipping out the stiletto.

Shipscat and Greenie charged him. Stevepalmer moved past Brand_S and buried a silver hatchet in Slidemania’s head. It was too late, the security Gate began hurtling down. KaraS and Qarc jumped past TIP before they were trapped outside. The Gate slammed closed.

Brand_S knocked Greenie to her feet with the barrel of his blast gun, twisted to avoid Shipscat’s knife thrust, and then shoved his stiletto handle against Shipscat’s neck.

Shipscat grinned. “What is that? A pencil? Am I supposed to be afraid of a pencil against my neck?”

“Nope,” the other man responded, then depressed the handle. The tip of the blade emerged from the other side of Shipscat’s neck, bringing with it a spray of blood. “Too bad this isn’t a pencil.”

The_Seer was wrestling with Stevepalmer, the two of them slamming each other around and against the Gate console. The fourth person who had already been inside, Breige, had an asp in one hand and moved in to help their leader.

TIP was menacing KaraS and Qarc with his laser pistol. “Here’s a TIP for you, never >:-# with TIP.”

“See?” KaraS said to Qarc. “I told you there were times you would need a gun.”

“I’d love to have a gun now,” Qarc moaned.

Brand_S and Greenie were wrestling for control of his gun. She kneed him in the crotch, then clawed the skin off his gun hand but still he retained control.

“I’d love to play with you some more,” Stevepalmer teased The_Seer, “but I have more important things to do.” He faked with his right and followed with an uppercut when The_Seer overprotected himself. Before the Slider fan could recover, Stevepalmer had the muzzle of a blastgun pressed against his mouth. “Checkmate.”

The sound of the shot, and the resultant skull fragments hitting the corridor wall, distracted TIP. She moved her pistol towards the sounds. KaraS and Qarc charged her and impaled her with their daggers before she could react.

“Here’s a TIP for you,” Qarc said, twisting the knife, “never take your eyes off a man with a knife.” They dropped TIP to the ground, where she twitched.

Brand_S was wiping the blood off the muzzle of his gun. He’d finally brought it to bear on Greenie’s tummy and finished the fight. He glanced up and saw Stevepalmer covering him with his own weapon. “Give me the code to open the security Gate.”

“>:-# you,” Brand_S spat.

Stevepalmer grinned. “I don’t think you understand your situation. I can take a long time incinerating you with this. Or I can make it quick. Your choice.”

“There’s a third choice.” Brand_S raised his pistol.

Stevepalmer had no choice but to shoot him. One half of Brand_S hit the wall five feet away, the other half went skittering twenty feet towards the center of the Sliders community.

“Try a pulse gun, boss.” Breige suggested. “There is something left of someone who gets hit with that.”

TIP, not dead yet, aimed his pistol with bleary eyes. She pressed the trigger once. “Here’s a TIP for you,” she muttered, “never turn your back on a woman with a gun.”

Qarc fell to his knees, vomiting blood. “I knew there was a reason I hated guns.” He gasped before he died.

TIP’s arm dropped as she joined him in oblivion.

Stevepalmer rubbed his hands together. “Well, that could have gone better! But we’re inside. Let’s go help another Gate!”

****

Murphy was drinking brandy with PHOENIXZERO when the first calls from the Gates came in. Suddenly people were jumping to their feet and gathering various personal weapons. PHOENIXZERO tossed Murphy the bottle. “We’re getting jumped on! Grab a stick or something!” And then he was gone.

Someone called out “INVASION!” and several people were shouting and trying to organize.

Murphy noticed a tall dangerous looking man loading a 9mm automatic. He had a mace hanging from a cord around his neck. His tag read “Britslider.”

“I suppose it’s time for me to ask yet again what is going on.” Murphy murmured.

Blinker was next to Britslider charging his wrist lasers. He had a Borg implant in his eye which apparently controlled his rocket backpack because where his head turned the rockets tracked. He said, “three of our Gates have reported attack. Apparently the other boards are attacking us.”

Murphy took in how many Sliders fans were in the courtyard, all of whom had an intimidating array of weapons. “I almost feel sorry for them.”

Across the courtyard, capaqu, Sabre_Edge, HunterD_Raven, Stoker_Chick, and TemporalFlux were discussing what to do with three First Wave visitors.

“We don’t know anything about this.” Jesikangel argued. “We’re just innocent visitors. We heard there was a Family Feud spoof here and we wanted to see it.”

“Yeah!” AerynFoster and RobertLeeds chimed in. “You can search us, but we are unarmed!”

HunterD_Raven gestured with a sword. “Put them in the Slide-It-Yourself room. That’ll be punishment enough.”

“We’ve lost contact with the North Gate.” SL4ever was saying nearby. “Let’s go down that corridor and back them up. If they’ve been overwhelmed, the invaders will have to make it through us to get to the rest of the community.”

“Agreed.” MTwain said, taking the safety off her blast rifle. SweetOne, Dellyone, ThomasMalthus, and Recall317 went with him. At the same time, Mychand, Tigs, SouthernSlider, Chaser, and QBall79 were going down the West Gate corridor. And Jenneration_X, Informant, Grizzlor, and TheUnstuckSlider were sneaking down the East Gate.

The rest of the remaining Sliders Fans were fanning out in pairs to search for invaders who had already infiltrated in the past two days.

Slixx2 and eZeSlider ran into trouble first. They discovered three Invisible Man visitors hiding in a bathroom. QS9300project and WorkerCaste drowned Slixx2 in a toilet while FawkesFox wrestled with eZeSlider. eZeSlider finally shoved his opponent’s head in a urinal and held it there with one firm hand until he could disembowel him with a plunger. Then eZeSlider recovered his pulse gun and destroyed the other two Invisible Men before they could emerge from the toilet stall. eZeSlider flushed the urinal, checked his hair in the mirror, and went looking for more invaders.

Callie21V and stuslide were the next to encounter visitors. Two Farscapers, queeneve and Giggling_Star, were wiring the kitchen with explosives. “Hold it right there! Put the plastic explosives down!” Callie21V ordered, holding her blast gun with two steady hands. queeneve sighed and set her cargo on the kitchen counter. “I told you we should have had someone at the door to this room.” She snapped to her partner.

Giggling_Star giggled. “Yep. You sure did.”

The two Sliders fans felt cold steel against their necks. “Now you two drop YOUR >:-#.” Someone ordered coldly from behind them.

“Oppsie.” queeneve snickered. “I guess my plan to have someone in the room across the hall was better after all!”

Callie21V and stuslide lowered their weapons and tossed them to the ground.

The person behind them shoved them further into the kitchen and walked over in front of them. His name tag read StevieSun. “Sliders sucked anyway.” He said and shot stuslide in the head.

He gasped. “Did you hear that?” He said to his two partners behind him. “The sound of his skull fragments hitting the wall, it sounded like Chopsticks! That is some wacked out >:-#!”

queeneve scoffed. “Bull.”

“It DID! Tell her, Callie21V.”

“Eat me.” Callie21V replied.

queeneve laughed. “You’re insane. Lemme hear it again.”

“Listen this time,” StevieSun retorted and blew Callie21V‘s head off.

“Nah, man.” queeneve countered. “It sounded like Fur Elise maybe, but no way that was Chopsticks.”

StevieSun shrugged. “Whatever. I’ll be across the hall if you need me.”

When he reached the doorway he suddenly screamed. A sword blossomed from his back as if he were a sword tree. The sword disappeared back into his body and out of his stomach, from which it had come. A spray of his blood hit the wall and began running down slowly like cold syrup.

“Since we’re getting all artistic and >:-#,” HunterD_Raven said from the hallway, “I’ll say that his blood on the wall looks rather like a Picasso. What do you think?”

queeneve trained her pistol on the doorway. “I say how about you come in and we’ll discuss it over a cappuccino. You have a nice machine here. Much better than the coffee pot at my board.”

In the hallway, HunterD_Raven said “I think I’ll take a raincheck. But have a Bitchslap on us.” He nodded to HurriKain. The other man grinned as he waggled his remote control. The BitchSlapper2000’s eyes lit up with baneful glee. It clenched its one huge hand then released, as if testing its slapping power. With thudding steps it entered the kitchen.

HunterD_Raven and HurriKain heard pulse guns firing, thundering steps, and then a horrible slapping sound. There was a sound like a bag of wet meat being dropped from two stories up, then the rattling of the oven grill. Then the sound of the oven door being slammed closed.

HunterD_Raven raised his eyes. “Did he slap someone INTO the oven? Ouuuuuuuch.”

“I find it best to set it at 400 if you don’t preheat!” HurriKain called out helpfully.

There was more pulse gun firing, then a lot of pans being thrown around, then silence. But not a second slap. HurriKain groaned. “I guess one of us’ll have to look.” He peeked around the corner. The BitchSlapper2000 was standing in front of the dumbwaiter, fuming. He could see the cable move as the dumbwaiter lowered. HurriKain leaped around the corner and closed the distance to the dumbwaiter. He shoved his Benelli M1 tactical 12 gauge shotgun into the shaft and sent a hail of pellets after whoever was escaping. But even as he fired he knew he was too late because the cables had stopped moving right before he reached the shaft. A glance down confirmed, whoever had escaped was not in the dumbwaiter.

HunterD_Raven opened the oven door. “OUCH. Giggling_Star got her head slapped down through her >:-#! It’s between her legs! :-O “

“AND slapped into the oven.” HurriKain gushed. “Nice one, BitchSlapper! Come on, Hunter. Let’s disengage these explosives.”

***

Murphy was with Blinker and Britslider, who were searching the bunk areas for invaders.

“Is all this violence really necessary?” Murphy wanted to know.

“Any social interaction eventually involves violence.” Britslider replied. “Be it emotional violence, physical, verbal, financial, or spiritual. Conflict is the inevitable result of interaction.”

“Yes, but that’s isn’t true of EVERY social interaction!!” Murphy argued. “We aren’t violent with our lovers! Not everyone is, anyway.”

“Maybe not physically,” Blinker countered, kicking open closet doors with his wrist lasers trained at them. “But there is some form of attempted dominance going on. Forcing them to go to a movie just because you want to see it. That is violence.”

“Only if it were an Adam Sandler movie. That would be heinous.” Murphy agreed partially.

“Copping an attitude is violence.” Britslider added. “Obviously cussing them out, calling names ... there is a lot more violence than just physical. It is unavoidable.”

“Okay, lover was a bad example. But what about your mother! You can’t tell me everyone is violent with their mothers!” Murphy said smugly.

“So when you were 12 or 13 you never cried out to mother to stop criticizing you?” Britslider asked pointedly as he poked under the beds with his mace. “You never stormed out of the house with a rude comment because she wanted you home by 11? Not even once?”

“She would have tanned my hide if I was ever rude to her!” Murphy countered with a shiver at the thought.

Blinker grinned at Britslider. “Oh, no violence in that relationship, is there?”

Blinker opened another closet to reveal Two Invisible Man fans. They charged out screaming from the closet, waving scimitars. Their tags read duntulm and LaRin.

“You’re just going to twist around everything I say, aren’t you?” Murphy complained.

Blinker ducked a scimitar, snatched duntulm’s arm, and spun the invader around and against the wall. “No, we’re not. It’s just that we’re right. Violence is a part of life. It is a part of the human experience. It should be embraced.”

Britslider was a second too slow and took the edge of LaRin’s scimitar in his left arm. He countered by caving in LaRin’s head with his mace. “Besides, you have to take into account that we’re Slider’s fans. We have been dogged out so much …” he hammered LaRin again, knocking the standing corpse off its feet. “… that we call carry within ourselves a barely suppressed psychotic rage that the fans of all other shows have no understanding of.” Britslider finished saying as he began jumping up and down on the corpse, the heels of his metal boots obliterating the remains.

“Just because violence is common doesn’t mean it is the only answer.” duntulm argued as he tried to impale Blinker. “Or that violence is in any way amusing.”

Blinker backed far enough away to activate his wrist lasers. “But just because there might be other answers doesn’t mean they are any better.” He scowled at duntulm. “Besides, why are you talking when you’re supposed to be dying like a good boy?” He shredded duntulm by crisscrossing his wrists back and fourth three times. Then his eyes widened. “>:-#! I shouldn’t have done that!”

Murphy’s tone was smug. “Starting to see my way, eh? It’s about time!”

“No. I just realized that is MY closet!” Blinker growled. “I should have gotten him farther away before I turned him inside out! >:-#!! I only have a small clothing insurance policy! Not even enough to cover my four cheapest tunics!”

****

SL4ever, MTwain, SweetOne, Dellyone, ThomasMalthus, and Recall317 were guarding the first turn into the North Gate. The three guards who had been stationed there were already dead and the gate was under the control of the First Wave invaders. 8 people in gold First Wave tunics were already scattered in various pieces along the corridor from the Gate to this first turn. It was a stalemate.

“Let’s do a deal!” Executive called out. “We’ll allow you free passage out the gate and away from here. All we want is your real estate, we could give a >:-# about you six!”

“I wouldn’t trust you if you were last weasel in the Dominion!” Recall317 returned.

“You can trust me,” MaryFX called out. “I wouldn’t lie to you. We really need to get in, so we’ll make a one time exception and allow 6 Sliders fans to escape. In the big picture, that is not that important.”

Recall317 glanced at the others. “I think they’re telling the truth. But I say they can take their offer and stuff it. What do you guys think?”

“Right up the tailpipe,” Dellyone replied.

MTwain called out, “sorry, I guess you’re just going to have to stuff that offer up your butts!”

Down the corridor, Executive pulled out two smoke grenades. “That’s it, I’ve had it with them. Let’s just charge them.”

MaryFX grabbed his arm. “Listen, I know this is personal with you-.”

Executive cut her off. “LISTEN! THEY MADE ME AN OUTCAST!!! THEY RAN ME OFF THEIR LITTLE BOARD!!! I HATE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!! WE’RE GOING TO CHARGE THEM *NOW*!!!!!”

With that he activated the grenades and tossed them down the corridor. When they exploded in billows of smoke he called out “CHARGE!!”

Recall317 had the low shot as he was laying on the floor at the corner. MTwain had the middle shot, crouching over Recall317. Sweetone had the high shot, standing and leaning around MTwain. The three of them opened fire, their laser beams, blast waves, and pulse charges tearing into the smoke. They heard screams and the sounds of falling bodies. Returning fire, most of it wildly off the mark, emerged from the smoke.

One blast wave was on the mark and Sweetone’s arm vanished. She called out and stumbled into the middle of the corridor. Two pulse charges hit her simultaneously and the conflicting energies tore her apart. ThomasMalthus took her place and almost immediately took a head shot. He fell to the floor, his Desert Eagle sliding away to rebound off the far wall. SL4ever took his place, and their combined firepower managed to beat back the charging invaders.

MaryFX was livid. “We just lost ten good people! We have combined leadership, you >:-#ing moron!”

Executive scowled. “You can’t have combined leadership, only one person can lead.”

MaryFX nodded. “You’re right.” She lifted her blast gun and gutshot him. “And I’m taking over sole command.” She finished him off with a headshot.

SL4ever wiped the smoke from his eyes. “It looks like they’ve pulled back.” He backed away from the corner but didn’t relax yet. “Delly, we just lost two people, why don’t you go get a couple. I think with six people we can hold them off forever.”

“They couldn’t even get close enough with the smoke helping them.” Recall317 scoffed, watching the air circulators remove the clouds.

“Delly?” SL4ever said and started to turn. He stopped his motion when he felt the blast gun barrel in his ear.

“Drop it.” Someone ordered.

MTwain heard that and wheeled with her laser gun. A pulse beam emerged from beside whoever had SL4ever and cut her down before she could fire. Recall317 rolled over and was also shot before he could bring his weapon to bear.

SL4ever dropped his weapon. He was shoved against the wall, next to Dellyone who was also under guard.

Their captors were Farscapers. The one with the blast gun was named Stevepalmer. He called out, “this is Stevepalmer, we have them! Come on out! Security code Alpha 267!”

They heard a jubilant cheer and the sound of many boots on the metal corridor floor.

The remaining First Wave invaders, MaryFX, sisyphus417, Classiliz, true5, DrkAngel_113, Caed, redvenus, paranoid_jess, RAVENNATIONHQ, ElHombreX, Mahaloth, Fantasie224, and WSmith emerged from the still smokey corridor.

“Contact my group. We didn’t secure out Gate, but they can circle around and use this one now.” Stevepalmer said to MaryFX.

SL4ever glanced at Dellyone, but there was nothing they could do. Although Stevepalmer was talking, the other two Farscapers, KaraS and Breige had their complete attention on the prisoners.

“What about those two?” MaryFX wanted to know.

“You guys go on. I’ll take care of this filth and then wait for the rest of my people.” Stevepalmer replied.

The First Wavers departed.

Stevepalmer removed a flask from his tunic. “Want a drink?” He asked SL4ever.

“No thanks.”

“You are wise to refuse,” he noted conversationally as he unscrewed the cap. “I am reminded of a little ditty I heard as a child. Something tells me you heard it as well, because I saw your little quiz last week. You made full use of this little ditty in one of your answers.” He nodded to KaraS. She pressed her pulse gun into Dellyone’s temple to prevent interference. Breige got behind SL4ver and got him in a headlock. He jerked his prisoner’s head back to force open the mouth.

“But making it even more appropriate is how much you talk about food and consuming things in general.” Stevepalmer added. His mimicked a child’s voice as he tossed aside the flask cap and advanced on the prisoner.

“Little Mary took a drink,
but now she will drink no more,
For what she thought was H2O
Was really H2SO4!”

With that Stevepalmer grabbed SL4ever’s mouth and poured in the contents of the flask. Breige shoved his prisoner forward . Holes appeared in SL4ever’s throat, chest and stomach as the acid ate through the flesh. Boiling blood and dissolving skin spilled out. SL4ever collapsed and was still.

Stevepalmer tossed aside the flask and walked past the others.

“What about her?” Breige wanted to know.

“Don’t be in such a hurry, we have to wait for our people anyway.” Stevepalmer replied. He was opening doors to the outer apartments that lined this corridor. In the old days, before Sliders was canceled, this domain had contained more people and these apartments had been necessary. Their leader kept peeking in rooms, cussing, and going to the next one.

“What the hell are you looking for?” KaraS snapped.

“Ah!” Stevepalmer said in the way of a reply. He went into the room and soon they could hear running water. KaraS and Breige exchanged a puzzled look. That look changed to understanding when he emerged with a fishbowl filled with water.

“Oh,” Breige gushed. “THAT’S what we’re going to do with her!”


ROFLMAOCBNO2!!!

Date: 03/26/2001
From: dellyone


Holy S***! SL4, you've got a winner here with this one. We'll deprogram you later. You have gone to boards where I dare not tread. LOL

Awaiting the third part of your story.


dellyone

You Captured Me So Well :) (END)

Date: 03/26/2001
From: CoolSlider


Fag.

CoolSlider

WOW

Date: 03/26/2001
From: Recall317


When do I get my Oscar? "Best...death scene...ever..."

This is truly awesome, SL! I am enjoying this immensely!

Recall

:-) 2 C . . .

Date: 03/27/2001
From: TheIrrelevantPoster


TIP:that I made it longer than 1 line without being completely obliterated!!!

Bonus TIP:Its also nice to know that I can change sexes instantly ;-)!!!

Very nice!

Date: 03/27/2001
From: Sabre_Edge


I love the concept and the action! I'll save the next two episodes for tomorrow night. Very well researched and executed. :)

SE

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/25345
Nominated by DMD

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext