Until We Meet Again (Epilogue)

Date: ??/??/2001
From: SouthernSlider

Remmy paced about the area in a fidget.  His patience was wearing thin. Kryoptus coughed, and held to his ribcage.  Remmy looked at him with a near sneer on his face.  He had no sympathy for the goon.

Colin, Tony and Maggie talked about what they should do.  Kryoptus needed to see a doctor, and time was running out.  They wondered if someone should accompany him to the hospital, and also pick up Conie.  But no one wanted to leave.  Tony was about to make a suggestion, when his words caught in his throat.  They all turned to follow his line of sight.  Wade and Kelly stood in the distance at the top of the hill.

Quinn stood on his good leg, at the admonitions of Maggie, and stared.  God, if he could only run to her.  Did she know he was hurt?  Did she think he didn’t want to come to her?  Please, Wade.  Please make the first move.  She stood frozen.

“Colin.  Help me.”  Quinn grabbed at his brother’s arm for support.  “I have to go to her.”

Colin started to protest, but thought better of it.  He would give his brother the support he needed, physically and emotionally.  He put an arm around him.  Quinn hobbled a few steps, then stopped.  The pain was intense, but he had to keep moving.  He had to show her he wanted to be with her.  He took another agonizing step.

Kelly put her arm around Wade, and smiled.  “He’s trying Wade.  You have to go to him.  Meet him halfway,”  she whispered.

Wade’s eyes watered again.  She blinked to keep the tears from spilling over. “How, Kelly?  How can I do that?  There is so much between us; so much I can not share.”

“In time, dear sister.  In time.  Take one step, then two.  Before you know it, you will be moving steadily forward.”

Wade looked at her sister and breathed raggedly.  “Come with me?”

Kelly put her arm around Wade and stepped off.  Wade followed.

Remmy, Maggie, Tony and Kryoptus watched from a distance, their hearts all hurting for different reasons, but rejoicing at the same time.  Brother helping brother, sister helping sister -- to meet again.

The End

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/1095/???? (purged)
Nominated by DieselMickeyDolenz

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext