Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 1

Date: 08/06/2001
From: ScifiSTP


October 19th, 1974

Sam stood there, breathing a sigh of relief. The leap had seemed like forever and he was looking for a change in scenery. He looked at Al standing there smoking his cigar.

"Looks like you're ready to leap." Al said.

"In more ways than you can think." Sam replied.

At that moment Sam left the life of Robert Johnson and into the unknown.

December 11th, 1997

He found himself in the middle of a group of three people. One was a young woman and the other two were middle aged men. Then he noticed some sort of device in his hand. It was counting down from ten. Finally one of the men looked at him and said,"Well Quinn, we don't have all day."

What was he talking about? Sam was so confused and the rest look impatient too. Sam looked at the device, it was now flashing zeros. He couldnt take it anymore and pressed the button nearest his finger. All of the sudden an electrical surge came from the device.Suddenly a bright light appeared before him and his companions.Sam had no clue as th what this was as the light turned into some sort of vortex tunnel. He couldn't believe his eyes. Then, withnout warning the two men ran towards the vortex and jumped in.

"Come on Quinn!" the young woman yelled, as the vortex by this point was loud. She took one look at him and then turned towards the vortex and ran into it. As she jumped in, Sam figured he must follow them. He put all of his worries behind him and ran towards the vortex. Jumping in he yelled,"Oh boy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 15th, 1999

Quinn saw a bright light. As his vision adjusted, he found himself in a bright, white room. Where were the rest of them? He didn't remember sliding.Wait,what was sliding? Within a blink of an eye his memory had faded and he could barely remember anything. All he felt was confusion. He still invisioned these people and something they referred to as sliding, but what was it? It was difficult to remember details.

Suddenly he heard a noise behind him and he quickly turned around. He turned to see a door quickly opening. A bright light streamed from the other side. Then, a huge puff of smoke came bursting from the other side. What was going on he wondered. Then a man came through the doorway. He was oddly dressed and smoking a cigar. He held some kind of device in his hand that was flashing and had bright colors. Was it a sliding device Quinn thought.Wait a minute, he thought. His memory was coming back. He knew what sliding was and who the people were. The strange man walked toward Quinn as he held the device closer to his eyes. He looked at Quinn and began.

"What is your name?" the man asked.

Quinn stood there. He had his memory back. He didn't remember sliding so how did he end up here without the others? Why was he being questioned? The man stood there, starting to look impatient.

"Quinn." he answered, almost hesitant. "Quinn Mallory." He was so nervous he felt like he was going to throw up. Where were the others and his timer, he kept wondering. All these questions ran through his head and he was the one being asked his name.

He looked around the room and saw a table and some sort of platform. He walked towards the table as the man was working with the device. It was then that Quinn noticed his clothing. It was white and skin tight. This made no sense whatsoever. Not only were his friend and timer gone, but he had on different clothing. He got to the table, it was metal and very streamlined. He wondered, was this a spaceship and this man was actually an alien. Quinn then proceeded to the platform. He looked down into the center and saw a man looking up at him. He was alot older than Quinn but was dressed in the same clothes as him. Were the being held captive in an alien spacecraft, made to wear these uniforms? He went to scratch his hear and it was then that he realized the man below was doing the exact same thing. He thought a second and then realized that it wasn't another man, it was a reflection of Quinn, but it wasn't Quinn.

"What's going on? Who are you? What are you and where are my friends? Most of all, where is my timer?" Quinn belted out. he started sweating and felt like he was going to faint.

Hold on, all of these things will be taken care of. All you have to do is cooperate and everything will be fine." the man said. Quinn backed off and let the man speak. "We just need some information from you and you'll be out of here in no time at all." the man continued as he tried to calm Quinn down. All of the sudden the man's device started makeing loud, funny noises and the man looked at it. A funny expression came over his face. He then looked back up at Quinn with a puzzled look. He looked nervous and worried as well. He took a huge drag from his cigar and let out a puff of smoke slowly."I'll be right back." the man said as he headed towards the door.Quinn's stomach started to knott up. The man took one more strange look at Quinn. He then turned towards the door and went through it. It closed quickly behind him and Quinn stood there more confused than he had ever been in his life.

TO BE CONTINUED...............


Check for my ongoing continuation of this story.I will be posting the second part on Thursday. If you have any questions feel free to ask or give me feedback on what you think of the story so far. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

ScifiSTP

Great start!

Date: 08/07/2001
From: forceflo


Wow! that was a great start. keep writing and I'll keep reading. I do however have a couple of criticisms though. Don't get me wrong though, I really liked it. Lately I myself have been doing some writing and I like it when people give me feedback. If you're interested, I could post them. Anyway good job, and keep them chapters coming

to forceflo

Date: 08/07/2001
From: ScifiSTP


yes, I welcome any suggestions. Please feel free to post suggestions in your reply to the parts.Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoy it.
ScifiSTP

I'm in!

Date: 08/08/2001
From: Slider_Bean


You've got me reading it. I think it's great so far. Can't wait to read more!

SliderBean

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26472
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext