Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 2

Date: 08/09/2001
From: ScifiSTP


Sam found himself hurling around in a twisted,bright tunnel. He didnt know which way was up or down. He was frightened and amazed at the same time. He kept proceeding through the vortex faster and faster. He looked all around as he went further through the vortex. Was this some sort of leap tunnel? Sam was very puzzled. Then he looked forward and saw a bright light. He moved closer and closer. He shielded his eyes from the blinding light. All of the sudden he felt himself falling. There was a force of gravity and he fell to the ground. That was amazing, he thought. He couldnt wait to tell Al. He picked himself up off of the ground and dusted himself off. He looked around and saw the people he had been standing with moments before. He still had no clue who they were and what was going on. Suddnely, he had a vision in his head,a woman. He started having many visions in his head. People and places once forgotten, he now remembered them.

"Donna!"He said out loud. It was all coming back to him. For some reason his memory had fully returned. Oh my God , he thought. Some how this vortex he went through did something to his brainwaves and enabled him to get his full memory back. This was so amazing he thought.

"Excuse me?" the young woman responded.

"Who's Donna?" one of the gentlemen added. They all looked confused. Quickly Sam had to act and get these people off of suspicion. He then said the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh." Sam said."Donna, oh Donna." He continued, now singing the tune made famous by Ritchie Valenz."I for some reason can't get the song out of my head." Sam quickly added, draining the strange looks off of thier faces. That was a close one. He figured that he had to get information from these people and fast. But how could he do this? They seemed to follow his lead and asking questions would be hard. Then he thought, he could say for some reason the vortex had drained alot of his memory. It could work, it had to. He then looked down at the device he still had clenched in his fist. It was counting down numbers. This made no sense to Sam. He looked up as if to ask the others about this but he didnt want to blow his cover.

"So Q ball," the second gentleman started,"how long 'til we slide?" The rest seemed to have the same expression on thier faces, but not as bad as before they went through the vortex. Sliding, he referred it to. Sam was overcome with anxiety. He had to act fast. He thought, I'll fake fainting and when I come to, I'll fake amnesia. As quickly as he thought about it he rolled his eyes back into his head and colapsed himself.

The others rushed to his aide."Quinn?!"The young woman screamed. One of the men came over and started lightly slapping Sam's face. He slapped him a few more times and Sam finally opened his eyes. "Thank God" the woman said.

"Are you alright Mr. Mallory?"the man asked, looking into Sam's eyes.

"Yes." Sam said , happy now that he could begin his act. Sam looked around at everyone. He brought himself to his feet. He then looked around at them once more.

Is something wrong?" the man asked. he could sense that something was not right. "Quinn?" he asked, more worried than before. He looked at Sam as he started to open his mouth.

"I." Sam started off. "I hate to worry you all, but I have no idea who you all are." Everyone's jaw dropped."I remember,sliding, but details I can't remember. I don't even know my own name. Is it Quinn? That's what you were calling me." Sam finished, waiting for the others to respond.

"Oh my." the first man said. "This can be a problem." He then looked at the others. Maybe something disrupted the vortex and his memory was affected. That was the only thing he could think of.Hopefully Quinn would get his memory back, the professor thought. The others were worried, but not too much, they still had the help of the professor. He walked over and grabbed the timer from Sam."We have 32 hours until the next slide." He then looked around. They were in a mildly populated area. It seemed like a desert area in eastern California. "Let's get somewhere cooler, because It seems to be very hot here."

They walked further into a populated area and found a small restaurant to get something to eat. They walked in and sat down. It wasnt very crowded so they didnt have to wait long for the waitress to get to them. They had water on thier minds as well as Quinn's memory loss.This was strange to them because nothing like this had every happened to any of them before.

"Anything I can get you?" the waitress asked. They all looked up."Water."They all said at about the same time. They were all looking at the menues, wondering what was good. The waitress walked away to go get the waters. The professor figured they had to do soemthing about Quinn's memory loss, so he decided to speak up.

"Well, It seems we have a bit of a problem here." He started off, looking at the others and ending with Sam.
" I guess an introduction would be in order. First off, I am Professor Maximillian Arturo. I was your professor at the university before we went on our little journey. To you left is Ms. Wade Wells. A friend of yours that decided to go on this adventure." Wade just sat there not knowing what to say. It was strange having to get Quinn to know them again. Something seemed worse though, like it was Quinn but it wasn't. She was getting a wierd sensation, a vibe, that wasn't Quinn. She pondered all of this while the professor finished his introduction of her and Rembrandt. "Now after we eat I will explain sliding to you and a bit more. In the mean time I'm starving." the professor ended as he could see the waitress coming back.

The waitress came back with thier waters and began taking thier orders. The professor, too, was getting a strange sensation about Quinn, and this worried him even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quinn sat there in the room for awhile. The door opened again, and the same man came through the door. He walked over to Quinn, with an even worse look on his face than when he left about twenty minutes ago. Quinn was still trying to figure out what was going on. As far as he knew, his timer, friends and even his appearance was nowhere to be found. He needed answers ,and quick.

"Now please, I must know what is going on." Quinn snapped.

"I can't exactly tell you, except that you are involved in a scientific experiment that has gone a little beyond our control." The man said."My name is Al. As far as we know your name is Quinn Mallory. What confuses us is that you disappeared without a trace about five years ago. Somehow, we have found you." The man stopped and looked at his device."Usually we are able to figure things out easily, but all we keep getting is more questions. Now you need to tell us.."

"Wait a minute." Quinn interupted.

"Yes?" the man asked.

"You said that I disappeared withnout a trace about five years ago."Quinn said smartly. As Quinn said this Al knew he made a big mistake."There is only one explanation. The scientific experiment I'm involved in accidentally is a time travel experiment. I haven't been missing five years, only about two and a half. Which means, you have to be from the future if you say its been five years." Quinn ended smartly. Al didn't know what to say or do. He'd messed up and bad. He might have even jeapordized the project.

TO BE CONTINUED..........

See ya on Monday. Enjoy. Remember,any questions or comments are welcome.

ScifiSTP

I like it so far

Date: 08/11/2001
From: IamBoris2001


I can't wait to find out how they get Sam back from the alternate universe without a photon tracking device in the timer.

--IamBoris2001
http://iamboris.topcities.com

Original URL http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26506
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext