Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 4

Date: 08/16/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 11th 1997

They all finished thier lunches and relaxed. The professor gave Sam a look as if to say, we've got to talk. Just at that Sam got up followed by the professor."Well, Quinn and I are going for a walk,we'll be back in a bit. Stay here so we can find you when we get back." The others nodded and Sam and the professor left.

Waiting until they were gone, Rembrandt spoke up."This is so strange. Its like Quinn doesn't exist."

"I know." Wade answered."But there is something funny about this. Something is not right."Wade finished.

"What do you mean?"Remmy asked.

"Well, for one thing, wouldn't the vortex have effected us all? I just find it strange that it only effected Quinn." Wade explained."Secondly, he was acting strange before we slided."

"Yea, I noticed that too."Rembrandt added."He looked at us like he had no clue as to what was going on or who we were." He sat there and thought about it more. "We've got to tell the professor." he ended.

"I think he already knows."Wade said."He's just going to test him until the truth comes out."

"Yea, but what truth? We have no idea what's going on with Quinn."Rembrandt pointed out."It's almost like he isn't even Quinn."

" I hope that the professor can find out." Wade concluded.

Meanwhile the professor was explaining to who he thought was Quinn about sliding. During this time, Sam was trying hrad not to act amazed. He couldn't believe these theories and the whole concept of traveling to parallel worlds. Then it dawned on him. What if there was a Project Quantum Leap on the world? There were so many posibilities, but they would never let him near the project because looked like Quinn. He could never convince them he was Sam Beckett.

As they walked back towards the others, he realized the similarities between Quinn and himself. They were both wandering around aimlessly trying to get home. He wished he could meet him face to face.

" I know this is alot to soak in at once, but it will come back to you." The professor ended. The professor knew though, that something was not right, something worse. At worst, that this wasn't even Quinn he has talking to. Just like the others, he noticed that Quinn was acting strange before they even slided, so that meant that the vortex amnesia was a coverup.

They got back to the small restaurant and met up with the others. They were standing outside, waiting for thier return. "So, everything squared away?"Remmy asked.

"Yes, he still has some problems but he'll come around." The professor said lightly, looking at Sam.

" Hey, I need to go use the restroom, i'll be right back." Sam said. He needed some time to himself to think things over. What Sam didn't know, is this gave the others a chance to discuss thier findings.

"I need to talk to you two." The professor started out.

"You noticed it too?" Rembrandt asked.

"You both know?" The professor asked, suprised that they caught on.

"We were both talking while you went with Quinn." Wade stepped in."We noticed that Quinn was not acting like himself before we slided. We haven't been able to figure it out, but we know that the vortex amnesia is a crock." Wade ended.

"How are we going to find out what is going on exactly?" Rembrandt asked.

" Well, I was thinking we'd wait until he revealed himself." The professor answered.

"But that might never happen." Rembrandt snapped. The professor got mad.

"Mr. Brown, if you don't mind me finishing, I was going to say that I came to the same conclusion!" The professor said agressively. He paused a moment to calm himself down." Anyway, I wanted to discuss this with the both of you so that we can confront him on this." The professor stopped but the others waited a minute to see if he was finished. When they figured that he was done they agreed that when Quinn got back, they would talked to him.

As they discussed this a man came walking towards the restaurant. He looked tired and thirsty and like he'd been out in the sun for days. He breathlessly staggered into the restaurant and looked like he was going to keel over. Rembrandt rushed to his aide and helped him to the bar.

"Water." Rembrandt said to the bartender as the others followed him back in.The man was worn out. As the bartender brought him a glass of water, the man looked at him.

"Thank you." He said and started drinking.

"You're welcome." Rembrandt answered. He was concerned about him. He looked like he had been in the sun and heat for days. "You look like you've been to hell and back. How long have you been out there?" Remmy asked.The man finished the water and took a nice, deep breath.

"My car broke down yesterday and I've been walking ever since." The man replied, still out of breath.

"No one picked you up on the side of the road?" Rembrandt asked.

"Hasn't been anyone up and down this road in a long time." The man told Rembrandt.

"That's hard." Remmy said." My name is Rembrandt, this is Wade and Professor Arturo." he introduced. " And your name is?" he asked.

"Al!?" Sam yelled from the other side of the room. The others quickly turned thier heads to Sam. The man turned to him, looking at Sam. He didn't understand how this kid knew who he was. Sam ran over and gave him a big hug. He was so excited that he forgot that he was Quinn. The man was more overcome as well as the others. They then knew that this was not Quinn.

"Al!" he yelled again."It's me, Sam Beck..." Oh no, he blew his cover. The others were even more shocked and confused than ever. Sam's happy expression dropped as he knew he screwed up.

TO BE CONTINUED............

Hope you are enjoying the story so far.

ScifiSTP

It's good to have this back!

Date: 08/18/2001
From: Callie21V


Can't wait for the all-new chapters! :-D

>>> C/21

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26543
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext