Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 6

Date: 08/23/2001
From: ScifiSTP


May 15th, 1999

Al entered the project's conference room. Everyone was already there. They had not yet been informed of what the situation was. Al was confident that he'd get approval from these people to tell Quinn about Project Quantum Leap. He sat down and the meeting began."Alright, we have all been brought here because we are faced with a very difficult situation. We are also dealing with a limited time situation." Al cleared his throat and started explaining."The most recent leaphas landed not only Dr. Beckett in unfamiliar territory,but us as well. Some of this may sound far fetched, and some may sound like it is a hoax, but data has concluded that the leapee we have been talking too is telling the truth. The leapee is one Quinn Mallory. Records show that he, along with three others,dissappeared around five years ago. He is here now and claims that the reason for thier dissapearance was that while attending college as a graduate student in San Francisco as a physics major, he came apon a theory and developed a device." He then paused."A device for interdimentional travel." Everyone in the room started talking and whispering.

"This is crazy, it has to be a hoax." One man spoke up.

"Mr. Tomas."Al said loudly, quieting the group down."If you weren't working on this project,you'ld feel the same way about time travel. Besides, I am not finished."Everyone became silent."I too felt the same way, but when certain aspects came into play, I believed Mr. Mallory.For one thing, his memeory was at full capacity, this never happens. They always end up with partial amnesia due to leaping. Secondly, we lost a lock on Sam and haven't found him since. That was four hours ago. Ziggy has been working overtime and has concluded that Quinn's story is the only explination." Everyone in the room was carefully listenting." Now with the knowledge that Mr. Mallory has about interdimentional travel and us with our knowledge of quantum leaping , I'm sure that we can resolve this problem."

Al went on explaining things and gave them a more personal side of Quinn. He wanted them to understand Quinn like he now did. They debated for about an hour about theories and possiblities, but in the end, Al had his approval. He even got Quinn permission to roam freely throughout the complex in order to help out. This suprised Al because he wasn't the one who brought it up. When the meeting finally ended, Al briefly spoke with Gooshie and then headed back to the waiting room.


Al got back to the waiting room to tell Quinn the good news. "So?" Quinn asked as Al walked into the room.

" Not only can we discuss the project, but you can move freely throughout the project to help us." Quinn was excited. This would be his coolest slide yet. He was also still worried. He was working against a timer he couldnt see. He walked up to Al and shook his hand.

"Thank you Al." he said. " So, give me the scoop on this place."

"Well, let me show you around." Al said, as he opened the waiting room door. Quinn folllowed Al out the door. They walked into the hallway. The walls were white with lights behind panels along the wall. The door quickly closed behind them as they proceeded down that hall. " Now, one thing about this place is everything looks the same. It took me a long time to get used to the place to where I didn't get lost. I suggest you stick with me or someone from the project. The last thing we need is for you to get lost." They were coming up on a four way intersection as Al slowed down. When they got to it they stopped in the middle. This hallway crossing the one they were in was a little larger. Quinn looked to the right and saw that the hall continued down aways. He looked to the left and saw a huge room with equipment and flashing lights."Now," Al started," to the right is a hallway that leads to the living quarters, cafeteria and lounge. It also includes the offices and conference room." Quinn was not so curious about this hallway, he was curious about the room to his left. " I'll show you down that way later. Straight ahead is the hallway that leads to the imaging chamber."

"Imaging chamber?" Quinn asked. He was now curious about this hall too.

"Yes." Al said as he started his way down this hall.As they walked Quinn stuck his head around the left corner before they passed the left hall to continue down the hall straight ahead." Down this way is where I go once we get a lock on Sam. I step inside and Dr. Beckett's surroundings in the past become my surroundings in the form of a hollogram." This was amazing technology. Quinn had never heard of such advancements." Once tied into the time and surroundings, I can go anywhere during that time that Dr. Beckett is there."

"How do you talk to Dr. Beckett?" Quinn asked.

"WEll, when we started this project, Sam built a hybrid computer composed with some of his braincells and mine." Al explained.

"Wow." Quinn said, astonished.

"I'll explain later, but lets get back to discussing the imaging chamber." Al said as they got to the end of the hall.


TO BE CONTINUED............

Hope you all are liking the story.See you all on Monday for the next part of the story.Remember, any questions or comments are gladly appreciated.

ScifiSTP

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26602
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext