Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 7

Date: 08/27/2001
From: ScifiSTP


May 15th, 1999

"Here we are. Unfortuneately, we can't show you the hologram imaging since we don't have a lock on Sam. Anyway, this is where I go to communicate with Dr. Beckett." Al paused, he wondered if he'd ever get to talk with Sam again. He hoped that somehow they would figure something out.

"Don't worry." Quinn assured. He knew what was on Al's mind." We'll figure things out and you'll see Sam again." They stood there silently. Quinn was thinking the same thing about the professor, Wade and Rembrandt.

"Anyway, this room is worthless without a lock on Sam. I'll go show you the control room." Quinn immediately snapped out of his depression. He couldn't wait to see the heart and soul of the project.They walked back down the hall and to the intersection. They rounded the corner and Quinn rushed in with excitement. He saw all of these lights and gadgets, wondering what they all did. He then saw this huge piece of equipment on the wall. He knew this was something important. He walked up to it in amazement.

"Quinn Mallory I presume." A voice spoke throughout the room. He was in awe of the technology. He felt that he was from the stoneage compared to this.

"Yes." he answered with enthusiasm."And you are?" he asked.

" I am Ziggy, the hybrid computer built by Dr. Beckett. I have been finding your work most impressive." Ziggy said. " I find your life and Dr. Beckett's to be similar. How interesting that he has leaped into you."

" I was thinking the same thing." Quinn said as he started exploring the room. He saw a ramp that lead to a small lit hallway with a door at the end, similar to the waiting room. He walked towards it." Is this where?" he asked, soon interupted by Ziggy.

"Dr. Beckett leaped from. Yes." Ziggy answered."That is the excelorator."

"Wow." Quinn said. This was so new to him. He almost wished he could give it a try. He walked closer, wishing he could look inside.

"That's one area you cannot go." Al said. Quinn backed off and came back down to where Al was."We don't need anymore problems. Come on. I need to show you around some more and we need to get working on the problem at hand." Quinn agreed. They made thier way out the door.

"Goodbye Quinn." Ziggy said as they exited the room.

"See ya later Ziggy." Quinn replied." We have work to do." Then they left the room and Al continued the tour.

December 11th, 1997

Sam and Al had taken a walk to catch up and figure out what to do. Even though it wasn't Sam physically, it was great to get to talk to Sam again as a real person and not a hologram. Sam told him about leaps Al had not known about, and about Al on the other dimention. It was so wild and new to the both of them." So, how are we going to get the project started again?" Al asked Sam. They had been discussing ways. The best idea was to go to the government, but that would take too much time, time they didn't have. Sam looked frustrated. All he could think of was to take action and group together the main project personel and run it illegally. They wouldn't have to run it for long, just enough to get his alternate back home. He figured after that they would just destroy the project and any evidence that they'd been there. Sam figured if he couldn't get home, he'd at least try his hardest to get his alternate back home.

"Well," Sam started to respond,"we'll have to secretly start the project, but for only as long as we need to get my alternate back home."

"Or until we get shut down by the government." Al said. There was a slim chance of it working, but Al had faith in him. If this worked, he'd get to see the Sam he knew. He knew they were fighting against time. They would only need the key people from the project staff, and Al knew where most of them were. He figured he could get them and everyone he needed to the project location in about twelve hours. From where they were, they were about an eight hour drive from the site, but they had no car.

"We've got to make it work." Sam said." If we don't, my alternate will be lost forever and I might be stuck here my whole life." They had to return back to the group and formulate a detailed plan." Come on, let's go talk to the others." Sam motioned to Al and they started walking back.

TO BE CONTINUED...........

Hope you're enjoying the story. Remember, any coments or questions are very appreciated. See you all on Thursday.

ScifiSTP

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26633
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext