Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 8

Date: 08/30/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 11th, 1997

The others sat around waiting for Al and Sam to return. This whole thing was amazing and the professor couldn't believe it the most. The mere fact that time travel was possible was amazing, but that Sam was living the life of Quinn was astonishing.They all were discussing this and based on the situation, the professor had his doubts about getting Quinn back. The only way Sam could possible leap was to be in his own dimention. He didn't think that cross dimentional leaping was possible. Then again twenty minutes ago he didn't believe that time travel was possible either.

Sam and Al got back to the group. They all stood up." So, what's the plan?"the professor asked. He wanted to talk to Sam about the project.

" Well,"Sam started,"we need to get a hold of the key players from the project. This might take some time but we figure that we can be at the project site with the others in about twelve hours. Most of them still work within the government on other projects."

Al then walked away and headed towards the bar."Where is he going?" Rembrandt asked.He was feeling consumed by the situation and wanted to speak up.

"Oh he's going to make all the phone calls."Sam replied.

"I just thought of something." The professor said."Do we know where your alternate's body is? What I mean is the one that holds the person that your alternate has leapt into."

"Well, that's also what Al has to find out.See, there are still alot of project personel who are on the inside.They'llbe able to tell us where he his kept.Now I figure that we will have to break off into two groups. One will go the the project and the other to get my alternate's body. Professor, you and I will go to the project the work out the kinks in my retreval program. Rembrandt and Wade, you'll go with Al to get myself, sorry if that sounds confusing."Sam finally finished. The comment wasn't conbfusing to them.

"But what about us?"the professor added."You don't look like yourself and they don't know me."

"Al is taking care of that as we speak. He's giving them our descriptions." Sam answered."We have to act fast.Al tells me that we are near the California and Arizona border. The project is in New Mexico so we can be there in about ten hours. That will give us about a day to take care of the project before you slide."

"But we don't have a car."Rembrandt said."And what about us getting your alternate's body.We have no clue as to where it is.It could be on the east coast for all we know." He was right, there was no way of knowing until Al got a hold of the right people. That could take hours. They didn't have a car or enough money for a plane.

"I wish things could go right for a change."Sam said, he was so frustrated.

"Sounds like Quinn." Wade said, trying to ease the tension.

"Well actually, it's a good thing that things didn't end up the way they usually do." Sam said.

"What do you mean ?"Wade asked.

"See, usually when I leap into someone, part of them gets mixed with me. So part of my memory and knowledge are lost inside them in the waiting room. Well when I slid, it disrupted my brainwaves and somehow matched my lost memory and caused me to get my full memory back. Same with him.Once I slid, he got his memory back while in the waiting room."

"Makes sense." Wade said jokingly since she didn't full understand.

"Actually, it makes perfect sense."the professor said."Hopefully with your knowledge of leaping and Quinn's sliding knowledge, our side and thier side can figure out what to do.But," he paused with a very bad look on his face. The others waited on his words, concerned. Finally Rembrandt got dicouraged.

"But what?" Remmy asked."I take it that it isn't good news."

"Well, it's only bad news for us." The professor answered."You see, when we took the egyptian timer, we replaced the stabilizer from our original timer into the egyptian timer. As you remember, Logan switched our stabilizer with hers. So now this timer from the egyptian world has her stabilizer."

"Which means?"Remmy asked, waiting to hear the full extent of the bad news.

"Which means,"the professor continued,"that we can only slide within the stabilizers radius of 400 miles. As anyone knows, New Mexico is more than 400 miles away from the axis of our radius."

"Damn." Rembrandt finally said as he heard the news."So we can't slide from the project."

"Yes, but all we have to do is get Sam's alternate's body and get the project started again."Wade said." Then we take off and make it near the border of Arizona and California."

" We cannot do that." The professor said." We have to stay at the project until they leap Sam's alternate home."

"Why?"Remmy asked.

"Because, you blistering idiot, if Sam's alternate does not get home, then Sam won't leap and Quinn can't return with us."The others felt hopeless. Why did everything have to be cut so close.

"Well, we're in this together. Might as well get to work." Rembrandt said. Al was still on the phone. All they could do was wait. Nothing could happen until they knew the groundwork of the situation. Then they sat back down and had another round of drinks.

TO BE CONTINUED..............

See you all on Monday. Hope you are enjoying the story. I'm trying to make this as correct as possible so any comments or questions are appreciated. See you on Monday for more of this adventure.

ScifiSTP

Been enjoying it.

Date: 09/01/2001
From: IamBoris2001


I'd fallen a bit behind, but now that I've caught up again, I just wanted to say you're doing a bang-up job. The two series are so similar that a crossover was just meant to happen, and you're blending the various aspects of the two shows very well. If the shows had ever crossed over on television, I would have been happy if this had been the resulting episode. Nice work. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens.

--IamBoris2001
http://iamboris.topcities.com

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26646
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext