Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 11

Date: 09/10/2001
From: ScifiSTP


May 15th, 1999

Quinn had been working with serveral of the engineers for hours but they finally made the last adjustments.He had been getting reaquainted with Bennish.He wasn't much like the Bennish from his world.It didn't matter,it was cool to not only work with Bennish,but that it was also a future version of him.They were ready to test the system while hooked up to Ziggy.Gooshie,Al and some others were present to see if this would work.

"Well,here goes nothing."Quinn said as he prepared to throw the switch.At least he knew it was impossible to blow a fuse and knock out the power here. He let in a deep breath and pulled the switch. The machine kicked to life and they waited.Not but ten seconds later Ziggy spoke.

"I have found Dr.Beckett."Ziggy said.

"Yes!"Quinn shouted with joy.

"How can we be sure it's our Dr. Beckett?"Jack Carter asked.It was a relevent question.

Ziggy quickly responded before Quinn could say anything."Because Quinn noted that each Dr. Beckett has thier own quantum signature.The one that I have tracked down has the quantum signature of our Dr. Beckett."Everyone was overcome with joy.They had completed step one in overcoming thier problem.Al nudged Quinn.They had discussed earlier that Quinn would go with Al into the imaging chamber so that Quinn could help him out. Quinn looked up as Al motioned to him to head to the imaging chamber.Everyone quickly went back to their posts as they knew they had little time to celebrate.They were still working against the clock.

Al and Quinn walked down the hall to the imaging chamber.This was so cool.The closest thing he had experienced to being a hologram was when was on a different dimentional plane as the others and they couldn't see or hear him.As they headed up the ramp Al pushed the handlink and the door opened. They stepped inside and it was as if they were in another world.The door closed behind them and they were surrounded.They were standing along a road in what seemed to be the desert.It was nightime.There was no presence of them being in a room. This was too cool.

"Well,here we are."Al said as he could see Quinn looking around in wonderment."Welcome to my world.The thing you have to remember is no one can see or hear you and you can't touch anything,feel anything.Everything is a hologram."Quinn was already exploring.He went up to a cactus and went to grab it.His hand went right through it.

"Wow."Quinn said.

"Well, unfortunately we don't have time for fun,we have work to do."Al told him.

"Where are we?"Quinn asked.

"You are inside Arizona, twenty three point seven miles from the border of Arizona and California on December the eleventh nineteen hundred and ninety seven at ten thirty three in the evening pacific time."Ziggy's voice said outloud from all around. Wow,Quinn thought.He knew he had to act serious because of the situation,but this was just too amazing."Dr. Beckett is riding in a nineteen ninety one white Saturn with two other males.Thier car,given thier rate of speed and if they do not stop or slow down ,should arrive at your location in two point fifty eight minutes."

Because Sam had lept into him, Quinn could see Sam's surroundings in the Imaging Chamber. Even though Sam had gotten his memory back and so did Quinn, they were still minutely linked in their brainwaves from the leap.Quinn couldn't wait.For one thing he'd get to see himself outside of himself.Not a double,but actually him.Al didn't want to admit it but he thought it was neat that he would get to see his double.Quinn also couldn't wait to see the professor,Wade and Rembrandt again,even if they were all just a hologram to him and they couldn't see or hear him. It was comforting to know that he'd see them.

They looked to the west and could faintly see headlights on the horizon. They both got nervous as they awaited the arrival of Sam."Now listen,I have to make quick judgements sometimes and the scenerey will change fast.When I get a complete lock on Sam,meaning that we will follow him around no matter where he goes,we will stay still while he moves.It may seem very strange,but it's how things work here."Al told Quinn.

"I've experienced some strange things in the last two and a half years,I expect anything."Quinn replied as the headlights drew closer.

"Hold on,here we go." Al said .He then looked up and said,"Gooshie, center me on Sam."

TO BE CONTINUED.............

See you all on Thursday for more of Sliding Leap.It can only get better.Any comments or questions are appreciated.

ScifiSTP

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26694
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext