Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 12

Date: 09/13/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 11th, 1997

Sam and the professor were in the car heading towards the project in New Mexico.They had been discussig the retreval program and how the project itself works.Sam figured it wouldn't take much to get Ziggy back online either.The professor was amazed at the concept and reality that Ziggy was.The professor gave his moral side of the story on artificial intelegence.Overall it was a peaceful discussion.

"So,amiss all of this time travel reality,would you change your fate of stepping into the excelorator,leading you to the life you now live?"The professor asked Sam.Sam thought a minute.

"Well, at times I feel like I'd want to change that,but in the long run,I think about all the lives I've changed.Yes, I miss the life I once had,and there is the possibility that I will never return to that life.So I figure,while I'm here,I might as well make the best of it."Sam concluded."What about you and sliding? Would you change that destiny given the chance to?"Sam asked.This was a tough question for the professor, but as he thought about it, he felt the same about sliding that Sam did about leaping.

"I figure I wouldn't.For two major reasons.You can never expect all of the repercussions on your life as well as other by changing your destiny.Both positive and negative results will occur.I miss my loved ones and friends,but there have been many worlds that we have been to where we made a huge difference on that society.I think sometimes,how would those worlds be if we had not arrived there."They both seemed to think alike. Sam was begining to understand and respect the professor and the others and vice versa.

Just then Sam started to get a strange feeling.He couldn't put his finger on it.Just a few seconds after getting this feeling he could see something flashing out of the corner of his eye.Then a familiar noise came from the same direction as he turned his head. There,oddly standing next to him inside the car was Al. The lower half of his body was non visible because of the seat.He then realized it wasn't the Al from here.It was a hologram which meant one thing.

"Well,there you are."Al said jokingly.Sam jumped a little and hit his head on the car ceiling. He never expected to have contact with Al from his dimention.The professor immediately becamed concerned as he could see Sam acting strangely.

"Is something wrong Sam?"The professor asked.

"Oh my god I thought I'd never see you again!"Sam said very excited."How did you?"Sam started to ask.

"What is going on?"The professor asked.He was now getting worried.

"Who is this guy?"Al asked.Al was looking him over.Meanwhile what Sam couldn't see was Quinn being very happy to see the professor.He also was having fun at the professor's expense.He kept poking at the professor and sticking his fingers where the professor's eyes were like The Three Stooges.Of course every time,his fingers went through the professor.Al could see Quinn doing this."Would you quit it."He said to Quinn.Quinn stopped and turned toward Sam,but of course Sam looked like Quinn.

"Who are you talking to?"Sam asked Al.Also the professor was getting agitated,thinking that this question was directed to him.

"Who am I talking to?Who are you talking to?You are the one talking to thin air."The professor said."Blistering idiot."He then muttered under his breath.Sam was getting comments from both ends and he himself became agitated.

"Shut up!" He yelled to everyone.The driver was thinking that the both of them were going crazy.Little did he know there were two more people involved.He then looked around Al in order to look at the professor."I am talking to Al."He said to the professor.

"How? I don't see you using a phone."The professor responded.

"Not the Al from here,the Al from my dimention.They somehow were able to get in contact with me."Sam said to the professor.He then looked at Al."This is Professor Arturo."Al looked at the professor.He didn't quite look how he envisioned him."Who are you talking to?"Sam asked Al.

"I'm talking to you of course."The professor responded because he thought Sam was talking to him.

"No,I'm not talking to you,I'm talking to Al."Sam said to the professor.Both Sam and the professor were getting agrivated at what was going on.

"I'm talking to Quinn."Al finally said once he got a word in.Sam was going to have to explain everything that was going on to the professor."You were wondering how we were able to contact you."He then grabbed Quinn's hand so that Sam could see him."This is how we were able to contact you."Sam was looking at himself,but it was Quinn he figured.Quinn looked at Sam in the same way."He,Gooshie and other of our engineers were able to,to make a long story short,scan dimentions until we found you.They had to to some tinkering with Ziggy,but it worked."The professor was loosing patients. He wanted to know what Al was saying.He figured that he was talking to the hologram image that Sam described earlier.

"What is going on?"The professor asked.

"Well, thanks to Quinn,we have contact with my dimention.Both Al and Quinn are here."Sam replied.The professor couldn't see them and he wished he could.

"Quick, give me your cell phone."The professor told the driver.He handed it to him.

"What are you doing?"Sam asked the professor.

"I need to tell the others."He said as he dialed.They all agreed if anything happened to call eachother's cell phones.


Wade and Remmy were sitting in the backseat when the phone rang .Al was in the front along with the driver.Al pressed the button to answer the phone."Hello.Whats going on? Is it good or bad.Wade and Remmy sat up,wondering what was going on.They both figured it was bad news."Uh huh,ok"Al said as he turned around towards Wade and Rembrandt."Its for you."Al said.

Al handed the phone to Rembrandt.He put the phone to his ear."Yeah,this is Rembrandt."He said not knowing yet it was the professor.

"Rembrandt."the professor said.Remmy now knew who he was talking to and listened close."Rembrandt,you're not going to believe this."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Hope you are all enjoying this.If you have any comments or questions,let me know.See you all on Monday.

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26707
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext