Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 13

Date: 09/17/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 11th, 1997

Wade sat there listening happily as Rembrandt explained what was going on.She was so happy that they had contact with Quinn. Their was bad news though.If Quinn did not leap back before thier slide,he would have a hard time tracking them down to where they slide next.She hoped that Quinn would leap back into himself before the next slide which was in 26 hours.

Al turned to Wade and Remmy in the back seat."We're going to stop for gas.If you guys want any snacks or drinks,now's your time."Al said to them.They were getting a bit hungry,but not too bad.It would be nice to stretch thier legs they thought.

They pulled into a small gas station.They all got out of the car.Remmy stretched his arms out."Ahh,I feel like I've been cooped up in that car forever."They all made thier way into to station where they found snacks.Chris Lewis was pumping the gas.He couldn't wait to get back to the project.Suddenly the lights dimmed a bit but then came back on."Must be the energy crisis Al was talking about."Rembrandt said to Wade.Al was off looking at snacks.He literally hadn't eaten much in days.

Chris was still outside pumping gas when he saw a woman in a beat up jeep pull into the station.She looked to be in a major hurry.She skidded into the station and turned off her engine and got out.Her face was wind worn and dusty.They hadn't seen many people out on the roads and it was strange to see her.He then turned back to the pump and waited for it to finish filling his tank.

Meanwhile the woman slowed down as she approached the doors to inside the station.She peered inside and then ducked down.

Wade turned to Remmy."I'll be right back."She said to him.He nodded as he looked through the selection of sodas. She headed to the clerk at the counter."Excuse me,where are your restrooms?"She asked the clerk.

"Just outside and on the right side of the building."The clerk said to her.

"Thanks."Wade said and headed towards the doors.The woman ducked down more and went around to the left side of the building.Wade exited and headed around the corned to the restrooms.The woman headed around the back and towards the right side and waited for Wade to leave the restroom.

Chris then finished pumping gas and put the cap back on .He didn't notice the woman in the darkness waiting for Wade as he headed to pay for the gas.Remmy had finally found something to his liking as he went up to Al."We about ready?"Al asked Rembrandt.

"Yeah,Wade ducked outside to,uh"Remmy started saying.

"Powder her nose?"Al asked jokingly.

"Yeah, thats it."Remmy said."Let me go grab something for her and we'll be ready to roll."Al nodded and Rembrandt went back to the sodas.

Wade opened the door and started heading back to the inside of the station.She heard a clicking sound from behind her."Don't move you little bitch."A voice said from behind her.She noticed the voice.Wade froze and quckly the woman put a gun to her head and firmly put a hand on her shoulder."Now move it."The woman yelled at her.She pushed her around the corner towards the front.At that moment Rembrandt,Chris and Al had payed for thier things and were heading out the door.Before they could notice Wade being forced at gunpoint the woman yelled at them."Ok,nobody move or I blow her brains out.They turned to see Wade being held hostage,but it was worse for Remmy.There standing before them was Wade being held at gunpoint by Logan St. Clare.They all froze in place.Al wished he had a gun.He could take her out just like that. "Everyone over here."She yelled at them.They walked over as she dragged Wade back towards the right side of the building.

"Who is this woman?"Al asked.

"Shut up!"Logan yelled at Al."Now, where is Quinn?"She said as she looked at Rembrandt.He was the only one other than Wade that she recognized."Also where is the professor?"She found Quinn more important but it was strange for the four of them not to be together.

"Al,just chill."Rembrandt said."This is Logan,someone I wondered if we'd see again.Now Logan,don't do anything stupid."He said to her.

"Stupid? Stupid was you guys thinking I'd never track you down.Well here I am.If only you had helped me it wouldn't have to come to this."She then looked at Wade."As for you,I was hoping you'ld be dead.So much for wishful thinking."She then looked back over at the group."Now,where is Quinn?Or do I have to shoot her to get answers?"

"Ok, ok.Easy.We can work this out."Al said.

"I don't think I was asking you considering you don't look too familiar."Logan belted at Al.They all felt so helpless.

"He's not with us."Remmy said,trying to settle everyone down."He's in another car,heading to New Mexico."

"Damn!"Logan said aloud."The bartender said that you guys split up into two groups.Looks like I guessed wrong and followed the wrong group."She thought for a moment."Well,take me to him."They all just stood there silently.

"It's not that easy."Remmy said with a sigh.

TO BE CONTINUED

Comments or questions are welcome.Hope you are all loving the story as it unfolds.Check for part 14 on Thursday.
ScifiSTP

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26733
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext