Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 15

Date: 10/01/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 12th, 1997

They were heading to Las Vegas. It was late into the night and Chris was getting tired. In less than an hour they would be in Vegas and have Sam's double,sort of. Rembrandt sat there. He looked at Logan.Of all the slides she could interfere in, it had to be this one. He tilted his head back so he could look past Logan and see Wade. She was finally sleeping.She had already been through alot,and it wasn't over yet. Rembrandt kept thinking of something that could be done to prevent anything worse happening. From what it seemed like,they would go on with the plan as scheduled.

Logan had plans of her own.When they got to the project she would try and use the timer or see if the professor knew the coordinates. If he didn't,then she would let them get Quinn back so that she could get the information from him. If he didn't know,she'd just take thier timer and strand them here.No matter what she would strand them here. She had been sliding for months now,barely escaping some worlds.She blamed them for that.She knew that she wouldn't get much sleep on this slide.

They drove on into the night and finally reached Las Vegas.They were to meet Stillman at the airport.It was good that it was late at night,less destractions. They pulled around front and Al recognized Stillman standing next to his van. It was actually really easy considering the lot was practically empty at this hour. "Alright,no funny business."Logan said."Any of you try anything and I'll shoot."They pulled to a stop. What Logan didn't know is that Al had a plan. He would keep his cool.Soon after getting out he would fake a heart attack.He only hoped that Stillman,Chris,Rembrandt or Wade would figure it out that it was fake and in the confusion disarm Logan.Al then looked at Chris and winked,hoping he'd understand it was a sign.He then did the same to Remmy and Wade."Here we go."Logan said. They all got out.

"Hey Al,long time no see."Stillman said.He then looked over everyone and noticed that there were two females.Sam's double sat in the van and waited to head to the project.Stillman remembered Al only meantioning one female."I thought you were only bringing one lady along for the ride.You sly dog,you went and picked up another."Stillman said jokingly.

"Well, you know how.."Al started to say but then stopped and started to slope over.He grabbed his chest and dropped to the ground.Everyone was stunned except for Chris.He knew what Al was up to but played along for a minute before he would strike.Everyone went running toward Al.Logand surveyed the situation.She didn't want anyone getting away,but amiss all the confusion she felt a stinging blow to the head and then backed out.

"Clear." Chris said.Al got up. Remmy and Wade were confused,same with Stillman.

"Thank god you knew what I was up to."Al said to Chris."Anyways,we gotta go before she comes to."He said.Everyone else was still confused.They finally figured it out.

At that Stillman said,"Ok,quick,into the van."They all rushed over to the van and got inside.Al got in the passenger seat while the rest sat in back with Sam's double,sort of.After everyone was in Stillman started the engine and they took off."It took me awhile but after seeing the extra girl I became suspicious.After Chris whacked that girl over the head,I figured she was the unwanted guest."He then looked in back at the rest."Hi,I'm Stillman,you must be Wade,"he said as he looked at her,"and which one of you is Chris and which is Rembrandt?"

"I'm Rembrandt."Remmy said.

"I'm Chris."Chris said.

"Nice to meet you."Stillman said."Fellas,I'd like you to meet my traveling companion.Meet Sam Beckett,or as you know he's not really Sam,meet Michael Mallory." A look of shock came over Rembrandt's and Wade's faces. They then looked at eachother.

"Oh boy."They both said at the same time.

TO BE CONTINUED...........

See you all on Thursday. Hope you are all enjoying the story.

Wow! Excellent story! <end>

Date: 10/01/2001
From: QuantumFluxLSV2


QF

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26783
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext