Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 16

Date: 10/18/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 12th, 1997

Logan slowly came to and awoke to her head pounding in pain. She tried to focus but she felt dizzy. She sat up a bit and tried to look around. She could see a figure in the distance about a fifty yards away or so. As she tried to focus on the person she felt a sharp pain shoot through her head. She crouched back down and grabbed her head in pain. They must have hit her pretty hard. The pain started to subside and she looked in the direction of the person but when she was able to focus the person was gone.

She looked around more and saw that everyone and the van were gone, but that the car was still there with the doors open. They had tricked her somehow and got away. It was still night but due to the inactivity around her it appeared to be late in the night. She struggled to get up and stumbled her way to the car. She needed to sit for a few minutes. She looked around the car for keys. Maybe she hadn't been out that long and could catch up. There could only be one logical route to New Mexico from Las Vegas, and that was towards the Hoover Dam at the Nevada and Arizona border. She had no idea where in New Mexico but she couldn't just give up, not after getting so close to Quinn. She had always just missed the gang, but finally she arrived while they were still there.

She then reached under the driver's seat and pulled up a cell phone. They must have been in contact with the other group by way of the phone. If only she could find the number of the other phone, she could con them into the information as to the location of where they were headed. Before she could begin her search, the phone rang and she covered her head because the sound brought more pain to her pounding head. To stop the ringing she pressed the talk button and hoped that, if it was the Professor, her voice wouldn't be recognized.

"Hello?" She asked, hoping to desguise her voice.

"Hi, this is Sam. Who am I speaking with?" Sam asked from the other end. Logan was surprised because it was Quinn's voice but it was the Sam guy they had been talking about. Maybe they weren't lying after all about this time travel leaping. She could think about all that later, she had to get her information somehow.

"This is, uh," she thought and then figured, what the hell,"Wade." Logan said, hoping that she could fool Sam.

"Well, Wade, we were just calling because we are curious about your position. Have you reached Las Vegas yet?" Sam asked. Logan thought quick. If she said that they hadn't, then she could come up with an easier excuse as to why Sam couldn't speak with Al or Chris.

"No, we are about 10 minutes from reaching the others." She told Sam." We were wanting to check with you on the best directions to get to the project." Sam got a little suspicious from this request.

"The others should know how to get there." Sam explained."Let me talk to Al or Chris." Sam requested.

"Al isn't feeling well and is resting and Chris is driving." Logan quickly said, hoping this was a beleivable enough of an excuse. She waited for Sam's response.

"Ok, get a pen and paper and write this down." Sam told Logan. She reached in the back and got a pen and a pad of paper she saw earlier. Next to it, though was a map that was highlighted. It was the directions. She didn't need Sam anyway.

"Well," she began," I don't need the directions exactly, I just need to confirm that are directions are correct." Logan explained as they went over the directions. Finally, she was going to catch up with them, find out her home coordinates and disrupt their plans in the process.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Sorry for the wait but I'm back on track. Hope you all enjoy. Remember, any questions or comments are welcome.See the next part on Monday

ScifiSTP

Sweet! Keep 'em coming! |n/t|

Date: 10/20/2001
From: Blinker


...................................

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26850
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext