Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 17

Date: 10/23/2001
From: ScifiSTP


"What?" Al said. This was all to weird for him. He knew that
people had other doubles and such, but a female double of Quinn, that was alot to take in.

"Ok, to make a long story short because she is obviously up to no good, We slid onto a world where my double was a woman. It's really simple if you think about it. It's just the difference between an X and a Y chromosome." Quinn started to explain." She worked for a company that was perfecting sliding. She needed my help to work out some bugs but one thing they could do that we couldn't was track wormholes. This is how she found us. She must have been just missing us everytime she slid, until now." Quinn finished.

"Why has she been following you guys?" Al asked. Quinn was about to get to that point.

"Well, she was apart of a murder coverup and her world had bad plans for sliding. Basically stripping other worlds of natural resources because their world had all but run out of them."Quinn began to tell Al."We double crossed her after she followed us to our next world after her's by giving her the wrong coordinates back to her home. She had followed us in order to fix their sliding problem." Quinn finished.

"And that's the short story?" Al asked. "Well, she's obviously a threat to our plan, if she hasn't messed it up already." Al stated. They needed to figure things out fast. First thing to do was to warn both groups of Logan. The second was to hope she hadn't done anything yet. Finally, an idea came to Quinn.

"We can easily warn both groups. Al, you can see yourself." Quinn noted. "No matter what world you go to, you have the same brianwaves. So, the Al of this world can see you and its easy to get a lock on him as well." Quinn finished. Even though this made things easier, they had to act fast.

"Wow, you got just about as big of a brain as Sam."Al said. They paused for a moment then Al looked around the corner to look at what Logan was doing. She was on a phone talking to someone. Looks like she's reaching out and touching someone." Al said humorously. Quinn rushed over but stayed hidden. She was on the phone, but with who, and who's car was she in. This didn't look good."Uh oh." Al said.

"What?" Quinn asked. It obviously didn't sound too good.

"That car she's in has government plates." Al began. "That car is most likely the car in which one of the groups was in." This news didn't sound good at all. Most likely she had already been alerted to what was going on. Al and Quinn looked over again, she was off the phone and was breaking into the steering column. She was obviously hotwiring the car.

"Ok, we need to get to the others." Al said. Quinn nodded and Al punched some buttons on his handlink. "Gooshie, center us on Sam, but also start seaching for a lock on myself in this dimention." Al said outloud. With that they found themself in the car that Sam was riding in. Sam jumped
as he had been startled at the sudden appearance of his friend.

"Al, do you have to always do that?" Sam asked his holographic friend. He calmed down and then figured there was some new news." So what's going on?" Sam asked.

"Well, we got some bad news." Al told Sam. And with that he began telling Sam about Logan St. Clair.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

ScifiSTP

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26870
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext