Sliding Leap.....part 19

Date: 10/29/2001
From: ScifiSTP


December 12th, 1997

They pulled to a stop and got out to stretch their legs. Al started heading toward the payphone when all the sudden he was startled by the sudden appearance of himself. He fell to the ground, everyone else looked over to see what was going on.

"What the hell!?" Al yelled. He couldn't believe what he saw. He looked back up and there stood himself. He quickly got up to grab the man and ask him who he was. As he lunged forward he went through the man and fell back down. By this time everyone else came over to see what was going on.

"Al, what is it?" Chris inquired. Al seemed really spooked as he got up off the ground.

"This can't be. How are you doing this?" Al asked himself.

"Calm down, calm down." The holographic Al told the other."It's me. Well, I mean you. Oh you get the idea." He continued." Think about it, I'm you from the other dimension in the form of a hologram." He finished.

"But, how am I able to see you?" the startled Al questioned as he walked around his hologram.

"Think about it. Even though we are from different dimensions, we have identical brainwaves." the holographic Al said. The other Al thought about it. It made sense.

"Al, who are you talking to?" Chris asked. He was getting impatient. They didn't have time for fooling around. He could see Al was thinking and was more calm but didn't know what had gotten into him.

"I'm talking to," Al paused as he tried to answer Chris,"myself." Al was saying it, he now knew how it was possible but could tell that it made no sense to the others as he said it. Everyone gave him the reaction he thought they would. Now he knew how Sam felt when he needed to talk while trapped in the past. He knew he looked rediculous.Al finally tried to explain." See, the holographic me from the other dimension, the one that talks to Sam, well, he's talking to me. This is possible because we share the same brainwaves." Al finished. The others tried to comprehend this. Finally the holographic Al cut in to tell them the bad news.

"Enough of this, we can discus it later. We have a big problem." holographic Al began. The other Al listened closely." We know about Logan, don't ask how we know cause that will take more time in itself." he continued as the others stood there looking at Al listen to someone that wasn't there." She got ahold of the phone and the map to the complex. You guys have to get back on the road fast so she doesn't catch up with you. You also need to be on high alert once you get to the project. The other group knows about all of this. I'll be able to relay messages back and forth from you guys and them." he finished. Al stood there taking in the information.

" Ok. What if something happens with us, and we can't get in touch with you in order to get in touch with them?" Al asked his hologram.

"We will check in with each of your groups periodically and see what's going on." The hologram said. Everyone found it strange to see Al talking to thin air. They also wanted to know what was going on. Remmy and Wade were almost laughing at the sight of Al.

"Ok." Al told his hologram. He saw the bright light from the imaging chamber door opening. He watched as the holographic Al walked through the doorway and disappear as the door closed.

Al walked over and told the others what was going on. How Logan had stolen the car and found out how to get to the project. They all went into the gas station and grabbed some drinks. They were getting thirsty and hadn't had anything since they had their run in with Logan. As they made their selections, Remmy told Wade about the billboards and the discussion he and Al had. They still felt like tag a longs on this slide, but they were beginning to feel closer to Al. They were told by Al not to disclose the information that they knew Michael Mallory's son from another dimension. They'd have time to tell him all about what was going on later. Not even Quinn that was with holographic Al in the future knew about his father being the one that the Sam from this dimension had leapt into. Other than Rembrandt and Wade's converstion, nothing much was said among the group. They were all trying to soak in everything that had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 15th,1999

Al and Quinn exited the imaging chamber and walked back into the control room. It was getting really late in the evening and everyone was getting tired. Gooshie waited as Al disclosed the new information on what was going on in order to program it into Ziggy. Even Gooshie was showing that he was getting tired. Everyone at the project had been going nonstop for hours. Since both groups that were heading to the project in the other dimension were ahead of Logan, Gooshie informed Al and Quinn that they could take an hour nap. Both of them wlecomed this new information very nicely.

After programming the information into Ziggy, Gooshie told Al that he could show Quinn where he could get some rest. They both walked down the hall, not saying much. They both wanted to get rest, even if it was for an hour. They rounded corners and walked down many hallways. Quinn was lost by this point. He was glad Al knew the way around.

They headed up a couple of levels in the elevator and walked down a few hallways until the got to a room. Al got out a card and swiped it by the door. Al opened the door and fliped on a few switches. Sam could see a couple of cots in the room.Other than these and a few shelves and cabinets, the room was empty.

"You can rest in here. It's not much, but I'm sure it will do." Al said to Quinn. They were both exhasted and had alot on their minds.Quinn walked over and plopped down on one of the cots.

"Thank you." Quinn responded and shut his eyes. He could here Al leave the room. Almost instantly he drifted off to sleep, hoping that maybe everything that had been happening was a dream in itself.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/26912
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext