Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 23

Date: 12/04/2001
From: ScifiSTP


Meanwhile, the second group was an hour or so behind the others but woke up to the same sunrise. Al, Chris, Lt. Stillman and even Rembrandt had all taken turns during the long drive. They all knew in a few hours or so they would reach the project. Remmy and Wade couldn’t wait to see the professor again and hoped all would go according to plan to get Quinn back. In a way they wished they could stick around on this world but in the end it wasn’t theirs and they were still on a quest for home. Michael Mallory, who was seen as Sam Beckett, wasn’t totally informed about what was going on. Al and the others were still playing by the project rules about not letting the leapee know too much information about the situation they were in. Once they got to the project, they were to decide what to tell him.

Logan was growing very tired into to early morning. She was upset that she never seemed to catch up to either group. That didn’t matter because sooner or later they would reach the project and she would be close behind. She figured that by this point the groups knew that she was on to them and that they would be prepared for her. She faced worse situations on other worlds. She had been sliding for a few months now and was growing tired of all the things she had to put up with. Quinn happened to be one of these things and she blamed him for the whole mess.

May 16th 1999

It was a few hours later and Al and Quinn stepped into the imaging chamber. They both had downed a bunch of coffee and were ready for the day. They knew that the downtime was over and that this day would be a long one. Once the door closed Al punched a few buttons and they were whisked into 1997. Al was centered on Sam and the surroundings came into view. Al noticed where they were as did Quinn. They were at the project site but it was very different. Everything was dusty and dirty and they could barely see anything in the darkness. Up ahead they saw flashlights streaming their light around the dark corridors. It was Sam and his group. Finally Sam saw Al and Quinn and jumped.

“What’s wrong?” the professor asked as everyone else stopped in their tracks after seeing that Sam was startled. Sam finally realized that it was Al and himself as holograms and calmed down.

“Oh, it’s me, I mean Quinn and Al.” Sam informed the rest. They all calmed down as well and headed towards the two. They were looking for a small generator to power up the lights. From there they would work on the main generator so that they could bring Ziggy back online. “So, what’s going on Al?” Sam asked his friend.

“Nothing much. We figured that we would help you out in any way we can. Gooshie’s been driving me nuts lately and I figured you’d be better company than him.” Al said humorously, trying to liven up the current situation. A grin came to Sam’s face as he lightened up a little.

“Well, try and help us find the way to the backup generator.” Sam told his buddy.” The project layout seems to be the same as the one on our world. They don’t have access to the blueprints and such of the project so I was wondering if you could get Ziggy to access them.” He requested. Al nodded and pushed some buttons on his hand link. With that a holographic map appeared. Sam Al and Quinn could see it but not the rest, who were waiting patiently to continue what was going on. The professor couldn’t help but almost chuckle at the sight of Sam talking to thin air. “Ok,” Sam started,” we need to head down two levels and over to corridor C.” Sam said as he observed the map. With that Sam continued on and the rest followed.

Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/27087
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext