Sliding Leap Fanfic...Part 25

Date: 12/18/2001
From: ScifiSTP


Logan was very tired but she pressed on. Judging by her map, she was about an hour away from the project. She planned on ditching the car about a half a mile from the project. She knew that they would have people looking out for her arrival. Once there she had a gun to be able to get what she wanted. She seemed to be in the middle of nowhere and hadn’t seen a gas station for at least 45 minutes. Luckily she had plenty of gas. Earlier she had filled up and paid for it with the money she stole at the first gas station she broke into. She didn’t have much time either. Her timer read that she had a few hours until her departure.

She drove on as she neared the project. It was almost early afternoon and she figure she was close enough to where she had to get out and walk the rest of the way. She planned ahead and bought bottled water for her half-mile walk in the desert. She pulled the car over and got out. It was blistering hot out. This would seem like the longest half-mile she ever walked. In the distance she saw a small, run-down building. It seemed to be no larger than a barn and stuck out. This was obviously the false front of the project. It looked totally out of place being along this stretch of no mans land. Still she pressed on, walking in the heat.

She then decided to get off the road and walk off the beaten path. Surely there would be a guard outside looking for her. Sure enough after walking a bit more she could see someone standing outside of the building. He didn’t look alerted to her presence. She scoped thing out more and could only see one guard. This would be too easy. All she had to do was sneak up on him and catch him off guard with her gun. Slowly she neared the building and approached it from the opposite side that the guard was on. It was silent out, making it very difficult to approach the guard without warning. She snuck around the side and had him in her sights. He still had no clue as to her being just around the corner. With that Logan picked up a rock. Her first instinct was to throw it at his head but having him unconscious would be difficult it finding her way around the complex. With that she threw the rock over the building to the other side. The rock hit the ground, breaking the silence and creating a diversion. The guard was alerted and carefully drew his gun and moved towards the noise. Logan saw her opportunity and snuck up behind him. He heard another noise behind him but it was too late. He felt the barrel of Logan’s gun in his back and knew he had made a mistake.

“Ok,” Logan said,” Do what I say and I won’t harm you.” The guard was pissed at himself. Al had told him to be suspicious of anything and watch his back. He certainly messed up on that one.” Now put your gun down and any other weapons you may have.” With that he slowly put his gun down, followed by reaching down into his shoe and throwing his hidden knife.” Good.” Logan said at his cooperation. “Now take me down into the project. No funny stuff either.” She warned him. With that he opened a rusted door and they headed down into the project.

WooHoo! Keep 'em coming! [n/t]

Date: 12/20/2001
From: Callie21V


>>> C/21



Original URL http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/545/27149
Nominated by sliderules

 

Discuss this post in the HoF Forum
Prev UpNext